Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 34 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

No running.  Spent the last 4-5 days moving and getting situated if we can even call it that.  At times I thankd God for my ultra running experiences --got me through long days of moving.  Loving the new home.  We live in a quiet, tree lined, family friendly neighborhood.  I see lots of dog walkers, casual bikers, walkers and hobby joggers.  I might have to get out and show them what a runner can do.  Oh wait, that might be a while! We have a nice river/creek down the street.  I might end up giving up running and take up kayaking (not all that sarcastic on this statement).  We moved slightly further away from trails but not by much.  I no longer have my "mountain view" but we have a bigger home so I can accept that.

Jamie!  It's good to hear from you.  I am glad you are all moved in - sounds lovely.  How's the ol' groin feeling lately?

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD today.

qotd: I just finished "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed.  It's about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, but more about her trials and tribulations and finding her way (not necessarily along the trail).  My DW read it and thought that I'd like it, she was right (as always).

That is a great book...makes you want to hike the PCT or AT trail...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

I will run with the trail training group tonight, and then probably add another few miles on at the end, looking to get in around 8 miles total.

QotD:  I just started reading Unbroken last night, so far it is a good read.

LB2

qotd: I've read some good books for which I cannot remember the names....they were all chick books.  Watched the documentary about the Chilean soccer team that crashed in the mountains which was interesting so I bought the book.  That's my next read.

Didn't they end up eating one or two of the dead passengers, Sue? Or am I thinking of another story?

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for some humid miles over the mountain.

I have about 3 more weeks to get ready for the 100, so I've set my mind on focusing on hill training these days.

I just learned from my pacer that he won't be able to run the 40 miles he had announced, so I'm desperately looking for a second pacer to pace me over the last 22 miles. Anyone interested? It's a nice course, so they say...

Mandy: Your memory is not going down the hill, it is just getting back into the ultra running mode. 

AT: That's how I discovered my ultimate route for hill training: just go down this hill a bit, until I'm ready to get back up again...

Jamie: Looking for a way to wreck your upper body now - why not just stick with what's proven successful? 

XT: I fear that's what it will be like on my run today.

QOTD: Also reading "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed these days - great read, and some nice perspectives on trails.

That Martian story sounds interesting, too, might become my next read.

Jamie: Compared to your current favorite book, the "A new Alnus-mining Gracillariidae species from the Isle of Cyprus", which I'm currently translating, sounds extraordinarily exciting. 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Heading out soon for a short jog around the pool.  My runs have been so infrequent and short lately, I may have turned into a jogger.  Gotta work on that.

Marie-- any luck so far?  The only meaningful way I can possibly help is reach out to a friend to see if she's interested and available.  She's a road runner, but she's paced at Vermont 100 a few times.  She's solid, calm and would be a great help in those last miles.  Msg me, if you still need someone.

I just learned from my pacer that he won't be able to run the 40 miles he had announced, so I'm desperately looking for a second pacer to pace me over the last 22 miles. Anyone interested? It's a nice course, so they say...

qotd:  Dumbfounded  by Matt Rothschild,    A memoir of his youth, which, while privileged, was not easy.  Well written, and funny (even in the not so funny moments).

moonlightrunner

It has been a busy posting day here! I am currently laying on my bed in my running g clothes waiting to feel better. Ate a bunch of crap (high sugar) . Supposed to be 10...not sure it will happen. I feel really tired today. I have added mileage pretty quickly and I'm feeling it.

Qotd: I am reading a book about the holocaust in eastern Europe. It is translated from Russian. Interesting but kind of a slow read.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k