Trailer Trash

Mundane Monday (Read 42 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

Haven't been out yet today (well, ok, it's been a few days), but am planning on an easy 5 tonight.  Thought I'd wait until it gets really hot outside.

qotd: In keeping with our serious thread of qotds, let's go with chocolate opinions/preference.  Mine's for dark chocolate all the way-- more flavor, less sweet.

Morning,

I'm going out at lunch for 5-6. It's already in the 80's and HUMID. I might run to the gym and get a few miles on the treadmill cause I melt in the heat.

NorthernHarrier

Morning folks,

Back home after my time in Southern Utah. I like seeing the high desert but man it's great to see the lush green forest and fields around here. Not to mention all the blue lakes and rivers. Good to be home. Also my question--how can anyone actually live in that relentless sun and heat?   Anyway I survived biking slickrock and I was able to do some hiking and a little running in Buckskin gulch which has been a goal for awhile.

It sounds like we have been getting pounded with rain here with more coming. I'm gonna head out to the trails shortly and wallow in some mud and hope I get rained on . It will be great after my time in the desert.

I have to get some time to read thru the threads to catch up. Hope all is well with everyone.

QOTD-- I prefer these kind of questions. Nice.  No simple answer however for me. I don't think there is any bad or undesirable chocolate is there? It's all good. Real good.

Chnaiur

I'm still in Sweden. Did 7 easy on overgrown forest roads past abandoned homesteads and fields full of wildflowers. It was glorious.

QOTD: Dark, with espresso.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

sugnim

Good morning all.  Rest day for me today, which is good because I am sooo sleepy.  I couldn't stop yawning on my bike ride into work.  I predict I will fall asleep on the couch early tonight.

QOTD:  I'm not a huge fan of hot chocolate.  But I do like dark chocolate very much.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

9 or 10 on the rocky trails this morning. It was great, humid and warm, but not hot. Just a nice summer morning run.

The kids and I will travel to Maryland today or tomorrow to visit their grandparents. Looking forward to a few days in even hotter humidity. Wave to traildc, maybe we can get a run in? That heat will for sure kill me.

T&C: Have a fun lunch run!

Harrier: I love the desert, but not necessarily for running so much. Walking, yes. Probably because when (and where) I grew up, 80 degrees was considered hot, everybody heading to the pool, and it rained much of summer. When my family then traveled throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Alaska when I was a (pre-) teen, I just learned to love the sun, the heat, the desert dryness, and some more stable weather (well, except for Canada maybe, but still better than Austria).

But, to each their own, so have fun in the rain, it's just what is needed to make all that beautiful, lush green!

Chnaiur: Where in Sweden? There sure are some nice backcountry trails to run, I guess.

sugnim: Enjoy the rest, and don't fall asleep at work!

QOTD: For me, chocolate has to be somewhat sweet, but it has to be real chocolate, not just a cocoa-hydrogenated oils-sugar-mix. If you can get the European "Milka" chocolate (in a purple wrapper, some grocery stores sell it), try it, and you'll know what I mean. I love milk chocolate, or the praline or noisette flavors. I don't care at all for dark chocolate, white is ok.

Run for fun.

ceezy

Plan on a 5 or 6 after work....was out of town Thurs-Sunday but managed to get in a 10 and 7.

QOTD:  Definitely Dark Chocolate, love it, and shame on you for making me crave some. Tongue  And I agree,  European chocolate is vastly superior to most you find in the US.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I'm planning on 7-10 after work.  Ended up with a light week last week.  This time of year last year I took 2 months off so I really need to stay at it so I don't end up going down that road again.

QOTD: I love chocolate.  White chocolate should be called something else that doesn't involve the word chocolate.

**Ask me about streaking**

Snowdenrun

Morning you trashy trailers!

No running yesterday as DBF and I got out on the boat and fished for the first time. We were catching rock fish like crazy! Salmon were jumping frequently too but didn't snag one. My boss went and set his crab pots yesterday and Thursday DBF and I will probably go out and pull them, collect, and reset. Heading out for a run in the unexpected sun soon!

QOTD: I prefer dark chocolate. But honestly I just love chocolate, any will do.

runtraildc

The kids and I will travel to Maryland today or tomorrow to visit their grandparents. Looking forward to a few days in even hotter humidity. Wave to traildc, maybe we can get a run in? That heat will for sure kill me.

Perhaps shady (and 'cooler') Rock Creek?  I'll send you a message-

SRD here.

QOTD: Dark, but it needs to be at least a little bit sweet.  Milk chocolate is good too though.  BTW, it is a disgrace to use the term "white chocolate", a better term for that would be "not chocolate".

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Wandering Wally

Happy Monday all!

18.8 miles on Saturday morning on my "home" trails.  7 miles last night on a bike path with the fireflies.  Both runs were pretty warm and humid.  Summer is here.  It was appropriate that I was listening to a podcast about heat training Saturday morning as I was sweating buckets.

QOTD - Dark is my preference, but any will do.  I'm not too picky.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Watoni

SRD as well.

Ankle is a bit better, so going to throw caution to the wind and ramp up.

QOTD: Dark chocolate

DigDug2

6.7 this a.m. on road/rail trail/real trail.  Humid in CT - not pleasant.  Right hip still hurts from god knows what - low level ache/stiffness, punctuated by a couple of sharp stabs that made me stop and stretch.

QOTD:  Just had to post to put in a vote for milk chocolate in the face of all of this dark chocolate lobbying.  This probably makes me an unsophisticated chocolate consumer, but I could eat milk chocolate all day while a bowl of dark chocolate on my desk would remain untouched for years.

Chnaiur

Chnaiur: Where in Sweden? There sure are some nice backcountry trails to run, I guess.

In Roslagen, a few hours north of Stockholm. I just saw a sign that said "60 degrees north", so I guess that's where I am. You can go north for 50 miles without crossing a road from the cottage we're staying in. Unfortunately, I'm nursing a sprained ankle and need to stay off the real trails. Not suffering too much though :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k