Trailer Trash

Tis' the Tuesdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

got a nice 5 mile hike in yesterday up Emigrant Ck near Chico Hot Springs (DW's birthday), this morning Tiny E and I got 3 miles with the headlamp on

qotd: describe your driving style- I hate to admit but I'm a pretty aggressive driver with low patience for shit drivers; I'm a pretty skilled driver (years of racing SCCA), but I can get a little agitated driving- probably a good thing I'm in Montana 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Easy 5 this morning. I may hit 200 miles or more this month. Things have gone better than expected.

QOTD: I am a defensive driver. I live in the country, so I probably don't piss too many people off.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Easy 4.5 this am.  Humidity sucks! But thankfully it should be breaking soon and back to cooler morning or evening runs.

QOTD: I would not say I am aggressive but I don't drive slow either.  I just cannot stand bad drivers - too slow driving in the passing lane or weaving in and out of traffic like a manic or tailgating.  But I am really watching how I drive lately because DS1 is watching me.  He still has a good 3+ years to go but now is when he learns some habits by watching me. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Decent walk last night on the trails. Knee felt pretty decent. Just 2 miles or so with the Lady out on the easy side of the lake. Saw a group of spotted red lanternflies out there. First time I've seen them in the woods around here though they have been around our house all summer. We swat em' dead when we see them. Planet of fitness at lunch for exercise, plus dog walking.

QOTD: Mild lead foot here. Not super aggressive but I don't like to go slow. I will be patient if needed. It's just driving and a few minutes who cares. Try to be courteous on roads where there may be cyclists, walkers, or runners. Biggest pet peeve is left lane drivers on the interstate. I make a few trips a year on I-81 in Virginia and traffic is never very bad on the road, but the left lane drivers are the worst. They get in the left lane and pace the car next to them for miles and miles, because well, there is another vehicle 2 miles up ahead that they want to get around 15 minutes down the road.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Did another six this am. Foot doesnt hurt while Im running but tightens up afterward.

QOTD: i take as many back roads as possible and hit all of 35 mph acouple of times heading into work this morming.

oh I'm sorry I'm slowing you down but riding my bumper only makes me slow down.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning so I'll run after work today. More heat training I guess.

qotd: I'm also not terribly aggressive, but not slow either. But I do always follow the rules.  It bugs me alot when people don't follow the rules of the road (especially not staying right unless passing, tailgating, can't figure out a 4-way stop, etc.).  Another thing, when you're on a main road and people are sitting at a stop sign waiting to cross or come out onto the road you're on and just as you are getting to them they start a slow roll - you never know if they're coming out or going to stop again. I will say that when I'm on a very quiet residential street I always creep along, drives me nuts when I see people speeding where kids could be playing.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

After several nice days it's a little toasty here again. Not sure If I'll do a walk or a bike ride. Kind of depends on what the boss DW wants to do. If a walk it will be 4-5 miles, a bike ride around 25 miles.  Just got out of bed and feeling a little dazed and slow witted right now.

QOTD:  Wouldn't describe myself as aggressive but more as a up and at it driver.  I don't really tailgate but am known for drafting .   After years of being a professional driver, and I still consider the type of driving I do now as being professional since I need special certification for it,  I don't let any grass grow under my tires.  I do get pretty agitated at two types of people, those that ride the passing lane at slower speeds and those that meander along way below the speed limit and never pull over to let traffic pass. There are times where I'll be the slow guy meandering along sightseeing and I'll pull off to let traffic pass. Don't want to hold up someone who has to get somewhere important. However, If I'm driving 10 over and you're riding my bumper I'll screw with you all day long by speeding up and slowing down .

Here's an interesting driving story, at least I think so. Had a patient a while back who I got into a nice conversation with on the way to the hospital. Old grandma in upper 80s. Has been on oxygen for quite a few years now.  Just sold her 2002  Mustang about two years ago. Said the thing would really run with the speedometer going up to 150-160. Said she never got it up there but thought it would have gotten close. Highest she had it up to was 130 mph on I-80 .  Used to race stock cars years ago.  Said she hated to get rid of it but needed something she could haul her "older friends" around in.  The "older friends" ??? They are in their late 50s to early 70s. She was a real kick ass grandma. Not many like her anymore but it's not too uncommon to see some real old people in better shape then the younger crowd  who they are playing chauffeur for.

LB2

Slept in this morning so I'll run after work today. More heat training I guess.

You may be getting some running this weekend that turns into swimming.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will say that when I'm on a very quiet residential street I always creep along, drives me nuts when I see people speeding where kids could be playing.

Same in my neighborhood.  There has been a few times I have flagged people to slow down.  I am real close to jumping in front of their car due to the crazy and erratic speeds they are going in a residential 25mph neighborhood.  It doesn't help that my kids don't do a great job at stopping at stop signs while on their bikes or scooters. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Same in my neighborhood.  There has been a few times I have flagged people to slow down.  I am real close to jumping in front of their car due to the crazy and erratic speeds they are going in a residential 25mph neighborhood.  It doesn't help that my kids don't do a great job at stopping at stop signs while on their bikes or scooters. 

Sounds like you'd really love living in Palmyra.  Most of their residential streets are marked for 35 MPH , and of course people being what people are they mostly drive 40+.  Been some bad accidents because of that.   While I live on a back country road the speed limit is 35 MPH by my house. We have a new neighbor who works for a equipment company doing service work. I know he's hitting 60-70 sometimes in the morning and evening going to and from work.  We just might have a come to Jesus moment with him sometime.