Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 20 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not sure if I will make it out on a run today. But I have off from work tomorrow, and then I’ll go for sure. Raining, but not really cold, fog around the mountain, which is my favorite for running there, actually.

Queen: great lamp, and very fashionable, too. Looks comfortable for the trail.

XT: WOW, Planet fitness seems to do some awesome work. My DD just signed up, too, now I’m scared. Love your spotlight. What’s the lumen output, 10,000?

QOTD: I have been using the Princeton Tech Vizz, it has carried me through several 100-milers and countless night runs. I usually combine it with a handheld light, a Lux Pro LP470. It’s a cheapo light with high lumens and good battery life.

The Vizz has about 180 Lumens and a mediocre battery life (3 hrs max at highest level), but it dies slowly, so it’s fairly safe to use the batteries to the end of their life and get the most out of them.

LuxPro also makes headlamps, they have 250 or 350 lumens, respectively, and are $20 and $30, respectively, which is less than the brand name headlamps at this lumen output (The Vizz was $65 on sale 4 years ago), and I am thinking of replacing the Vizz with a LuxPro. Don’t know about the battery life, though. Both headlamps have adjustable brightness and color LEDs for nighttime vision.

Run for fun.