Trailer Trash

la weekender (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- nice pics   would be great if you guys could make CO this fall!

16.5 miles w/ ~ 4000' of gain; it's an out and back along Mt Helena Ridge- the end of the ridge I started to hit a fair bit of snow, but nothing crazy

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run today, just too cold and windy (40 degrees with 30 mph wind, too much for a spring day). I choose to hibernate just a bit longer.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Gatsby: it has been my experience that minimalist running has made this slow runner even slower...I do have to be careful. When wearing shoes a toe stub on a rock or root is not likely to break a toe. In five figersf, there is a higher probability. In sandals...there is likely to be damage to soft tissue as well. So I am cateful. And for me...I usually run alone so pace does not matter. My heart is as light as my feet!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Did 4 this morning.  Felt much better than yesterday, hoping I’m on the mend. Finally.

Great photos AT and mt, thanks.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I know you have said it before but I can’t imagine you in LaLs Land!

LA weekender. I lived there for a few years. Office was right 3-4 blocks down from venice beach which meant free beach parking when I was so inclined. I had to get out of that place though.

Short 5.5 miles Friday and yesterday. Ran out at French Creek yesterday looking for orchid sign. There was none yet. A bit too early with this cold spring. 75 yesterday, 50 today. I am heading out in a few for 5-7 miles out at the lake. Depends how I feel.

I believe GC100k is doing the Iron Masters Challenge today in PA. It won't be hot like last year.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Let’s talk...my 50 miler is one week before yours but I would love to get a long run in with you

10.6 miles hither and yon today.  Finished the week with 45.6 miles, 3250' elevation gain.

GC100k, hope your race went well!

Queen, the TRT training run is on June 10.  I might try to get up to Tahoe for a run on June 30/July 1 too.

Moonlight, I think I'm too klutzy to run in sandals.  Or maybe sandals makes one a more careful runner?

AT, nice pics.  Looks lovely and lush and green.

Bert-o, smorgasbord, lol.  Perfect description of some ultra aid stations.  Glad you're on top of your training for that part.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So did 16 this morning...not much to say about that except Jack loved it.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sue - No pressure... .no pressure at all.   Nice run!

Sandy - I "think" it's a fairly flat loop.  Never been on this course or did any recon.  Guess I'll find out shortly.  And thanks!

runtrail - I don't know where or how I pulled that word from, but I'm certainly not that fancy in real life ;-)

AT - Beautiful pics!  What other 24 hour race is later this year that you might consider?

warden - Looks like summer!  Nice run and e-gain.  Can't wait until the Bob Marshall Open.  Perhaps the long winter was a good thing to prepare you for this year.

We finally got up to the cabin to de-winterize it.  After 4 months, I had visions of walking in with a raccoon family sleeping in our bed, or the deck collapsed, or any other nightmarish scenario.  The only issue was a 50 foot pine tree fell into the yard, and luckily not onto the shed or cabin.  DW and I considered that a success.

I didn't have time to anything about the fallen tree except scratch my butt and think a bit

.  It might be a few weeks before I get a chance to go all Mad Max on it with the chain saw.

In any case, spring is arriving late in the upper Catskills.  Only one of the maples is starting to bud....

Did 15 the next morning on easy trail, and it was in the 30's and gloomy.  Spring definitely not here yet...

Running along the Upper West Branch of the Delaware River made me desire to go trout fishing.  Every year, I want to get back to fishing, but this running stuff is taking all the free time...

But DW and I had time to swing by a local alpaca farm to say Hi.  The owners were not around, but I expect sheering season is just around the corner.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours