Trailer Trash

Foolish Fridaily (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

TGIF and Fools Day all in one   strength training this evening for me

qotd: are you a prankster?  don't have anything planned today, but have pulled a few pranks in the past- one of my favs was to to take a "message" and get someone to call "them" back- the person they were calling back was Myra Maines- the number was a local mortuary   "Hi is Myra Maines there?" (My Re mains) 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Good morning all.. I think a lunchtime road run today of 7-8 miles. Forecast for rain later so TBD whether I will get wet. I think the rain may be later in the day. Last night 10+ miles over at Birdsboro Watershed trails. Checked out some new trails the mountain bikers have been cutting in. They sort of pranked me as this one trail ended up being a circular loop and took me down the hill, then back up to where I had started.

QOTD: I work at home, so no one to prank but myself, my wife, or the dogs. I do recall a pretty good prank I pulled on someone at work in the old "dumb" terminal days. I wrote a little program that mimicked the logon screen and locked it down with a special trick so it could not be broken out of from the terminal where it was running. Of course the program did not accept any password and would just say "invalid password". Me and my buddy worked 3rd shift at the time (computer help desk/IT support) and launched this little program on some so called "techie programmer" type guy who worked first shift. We chatted with him that morning as normal and then left for the day wondering how long it would take him to figure out why his password was not being accepted when logging into the system from his terminal.

QOTD2: March Miles... 279 for me, 220 for the Lady.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Rest day

QOTD: I filled a coworkers workers shoes with water and put them in the freezer, repeat through out the day till they were filled solid with ice.

QOTD2: 243 for the month

runtraildc

Got in 1.5 miles yesterday with the 5 year olds on some great trails nearby.  After a couple water crossings, hills repeats, a loose dog and a piggyback ride for one of the kiddos, we got back to the car all ready for some ice cream.  Good day on the trails.

Heading out to the dirt rail trail along the river after lunch.  Girl twin said she will not run, the boy wants to run so we'll split up with my kiddos.  I also think the dog (brittany-springer) is a bit tired from yesterday, too.  Then some more sap boiling (Harrier-- the season is pretty much over up here in SE NH).

qotd:  No, my humor tends to the dry side, which is hard to translate into good pranks (at least for me).

Q2: 102

Daydreamer1

Doing some chores around the house. The cat (DW) is away spending the day with a friend so the mouse  is going to head up on the mountain for about 14 miles.  Temp is supposed to be in the 60s so it should be a good time.

QOTD: I don't pull too many pranks, but when I do they're often doozys.  I and a co-worker pulled one at work about a dead body disappearing. It's a long intricate tale, but it surrounded a DOA at a house that we said disappeared in the middle of the investigation (it hadn't). We spun it into a tale of devil worship and had 10-15 people, including our boss, totally believing it, to the point that one person started inquiring about it at the local morgue .  When we realized that it was getting out of control we tried to tell everyone it was a prank but they wouldn't believe us .  Took a hour or so of explaining and phone calls to get it straightened out .  Typically I can't keep a straight face when spinning a tale like that one but that day I did which was why everyone fell for it hook line and sinker.

QOTD : 145.2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd 2: 171, good month for me- but was more impressed with my elevation gain - over 45,000'

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

So DW and I went to our local craft brewery last night and it was packed. Sometimes they close the main room for events and open up a small room for regulars, but that was closed. We went inside and there were already 50-60 men dressed in leather and motor cycle clothes. Ended up they had a group called "Bears Bikers and Mayhem" having a party there. In no time there were 150 gay men dressed in all sorts of garb. Lets just say they were 1 Indian away from starting YMCA.  Hey, we're mug club members so we didn't leave and DW and I talked to several of the members while we enjoyed our beers. It was a pretty wild group for little ole Gettysburg, but I was raised not to judge.

No run planned for today, but if storms hold off I might add on after work.

QOTD:  Told my office manager that I hit her brand new car when I pulled in to work. I sold it pretty well, and she ran outside to check her car then came in and told me to fuck off. Is that anyway to talk to your boss on payday!  I like to play jokes and don;t even need a reason.  A few years ago my staff came in early and covered my office in balloons, as in floor to ceiling. When I saw my door was shut I was looking out for something and so I didn't react at all when I saw the room. I made my way through the balloons and sat at my desk and was able to find the phone and then called up front to say there was an emergency staff meeting in my office. When they opened the door, I told them what a great job they did but that I wasn't paying for overtime.

QOTD #2:  212. I think it's the first time I cracked the 200 mark this year, so I'm behind schedule.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 47.5 miles this morning...April Fools, it was more like 4.75. 

QOTD:  I'm a jokester, not a prankster.

Q2: 71.7

runtraildc:  Love the picture..the kid is trying to take you on the hill. 

AT:  Were you and the wife drinking when you decided to go to the trail fest.  You're not going to end up surprised that you signed up like Gator eye was, are you?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Cold and windy here at Grand Camp (Birchpoint). But even with the temp at 31F I have a slow drip happening at many of the taps. Bizarre season here and way beyond what I was anticipating. Interesting to read that it is over in N.H. for the most part though it is fickle and can shut down just like that sometimes. I had about 160 gallons of sap in my storage bins and on the trees when I started again late yesterday. Considering my late start to the season and not tapping as many trees as some years I'm gonna have a very good year. At least it has slowed down so I can make headway boiling. BTW--that Spaniel has a little girth, huh? 

I also think the dog (brittany-springer) is a bit tired from yesterday, too.  Then some more sap boiling (Harrier-- the season is pretty much over up here in SE NH).

I'll be heading out to some nearby trails once DD and her boyfriend return from the stores in Minocqua. I did put in a request for more beer  too. Hopefully I'll get about 6 sloppy and wet miles in.

QOTD-Not much of the prankster type here. Like Queen more of a jokester.

QOTD2- No idea being up here and my data is kept on our desktop but a couple good weeks and a couple not so good so I'm guessing only about 125.

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Were you and the wife drinking when you decided to go to the trail fest.  You're not going to end up surprised that you signed up like Gator eye was, are you?

Trailfest, what Trailfest?  

Yes we had been drinking, but that had nothing to do with our interest in this event.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a run and other stuff at the gym last night.  I really should have just run outside since it was so nice out.  I was struggling the first 2+ miles and then broke through.  This happened for a while a few years back.  Don't know what it is but I seem to break out of the funk after a couple miles.

QOTD: Not much.  Was too busy this year to think of anything good.  Guess I just like to put my energy elsewhere.

QOTD2: 134.2 miles and 25,000+ steps on the stairs o death.  I equate that much time on the stair machine to about 25-35 miles so I am happy with the effort and think the legs are stronger for it.  We'll see soon enough.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

That's not me-- the bigger kid with the dog is DS2 and the little one is my 5 year old nephew.

runtraildc:  Love the picture..the kid is trying to take you on the hill. 

runtraildc

My sister (owner) concedes that, yes, he could stand to lose a couple of pounds.  And he does have a remarkably fluffy coat.

BTW--that Spaniel has a little girth, huh? 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Oh yea that is a boy.    sometimes woman runners do have a body like a young kid? 

That's not me-- the bigger kid with the dog is DS2 and the little one is my 5 year old nephew.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Got up and out early today (Sat) and did 20 on the flat path.  Actually a good run that gave me 50 for the week.  Felt good to just zone out and run.

Then we went for a walk to see the cherry blossoms, a bumper crop this year since we had a lot of rain last fall and over the winter. A few warm and sunny days this week and it's all good.

qotd: no nothing too creative, I typically laugh too quickly.

qotd 2: 174

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL