Trailer Trash

Where are you Wednesday? (Read 32 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am here.  Where are you? I ran 5.5 last night at DS soccer practice.  Was hot n humid but it should break real soon.  I may try and get out for a short run late tonight but not sure yet.

QOTD: What kind of a sleeper are you? heavy? light? how long do you sleep? how much sleep do you need? use of sleep aids? noise machines, etc.

I sleep very light, wake at the drop of a hat.  Is a good thing I suppose with three kids in the home.  DW sleeps hard so she often does not hear much.  I wake many times at night - cannot remember ever sleeping straight through the night.  It's just the way it is.  I have tried sleep aids but they don't really help.  I just deal with it.  I sleep really crappy away from my home/bed.  I need the sound of a fan blowing.  I love the sounds of the chirpers and crickets outside but DW does not.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

A few lazy trail miles with the pups this morning, then a couple more on the road just to get my legs turning.

I'm putting on the Wasatch Beer Mile later today and it looks like we'll have a good turnout. This is the 4th and final race in the Royal Grand Slam of Beer Miles. I'm looking for a spot on the podium.

The fire on the Wasatch course is still burning, so we'll see how all that plays out...

QOTD: I sleep HARD and nothing disturbs me at night. I'm usually asleep by 10 and up at 3.

NHLA

6 miles in the rain. Felt good at first but wore me out twards the end.

qotd  I sleep 5 hours at night and a one hour nap at noon. I can sleep longer but that's all the sleep I need. I have always been that way even when I was a kid.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Shit...again did not get up.  Going to the gym  at lunch though.

QOTD:  Not so good.   I like to be in bed by 10 PM .  Usually wake around 3 and lay there for awhile.   Always seem  to sleep really good between 6:20 and 7:30 when I should be out running!!!  My husband has sleep apnea and snores loudly so when I feel a need to get some good sleep I use ear plugs.  Even when he's away I may use them  because they put you in that fog (like a noise machine) and help.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

I did not get up and run as planned this morning.  The plan was to beat the heat.  It hasn't rained in weeks and this heat and humidity is getting to me.  I feel about it the way many of you might feel about snow in March (or April).  I'm ready for a change.  So, Plan B is to get out tonight, either with the running group or a bit later and do a loop around the neighborhood.

qotd:  fairly good, as long as I am getting consistent running in (or other exercise).   But Queen, I know what you're saying.  If I'm awake and cannot sleep around 3, I fall back asleep hard just before 5, when I would give up and get up.  never fails.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10.0 miles on the mountain. Nice temperature, sunshine, it was a blessing.

QOTD: I usually sleep 5 to 6 hours, sometimes less. I don't need more, but I do occasionally sleep longer, or take a mid-morning nap when I'm off work and have to wait for breakfast to settle before I can comfortably go for a run. I used to sleep long and well as a kid, but around age 12, I turned around to need much less sleep and really love getting up early, before sunrise.

I sleep well, in my own bed or anywhere else, but will wake up when the kids make a sound.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all... I am here in PA as usual. Wait, that's not the question.

Seven miles last night on the rocky side of Green Lane. Stifling out there.. 90's for an evening run. Felt great though and I ran a nice time for the loop and barely noticed the pointy rocks. Weird how sometimes you just float over them and other days they look evil and dangerous and trip you at every step. The plan is 6-7 miles tonight.. Warwick park trails. I am in the mood for a few flat easy sections today.

QOTD: I am a 7-8 hour sleeper but can get by on less. 11pm in bed, 6-7am to rise. Usually wake up once or twice a night. Once to take a leak, and sometimes the dogs move around.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Yesterday's heat run wiped me out. DW and I were out talking to travel agents this morning planning a February trip to Hawaii. It's for our 25th anniversary.  Now I think we'll just go for a nice 4 mile walk before I have to leave for work.

QOTD: At home I'm a moderate sleeper. During the day I black out the bedroom and use a noise machine, normally waterfalls, but I was thinking of trying crickets.  At work I sleep so lightly that even if I happen to get 8 hours of sleep I'll still be tired when I get home. I'm so afraid of not hearing the pager that I just can't sleep well.  I rarely get enough sleep, averaging about 5 hours a night. I really should have about 7-8 hours. Last night I was asleep by 11 and woke up at 8:30 or 9:00.  I sleep best between 4 and 8 in the morning.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

OH Sandy...what a pain in the ass in regards to your post yesterday.  Hope your co-worker at least kids your hotel room . 

AT-runner

Tim

Ran the past 4 days, so skipping today's humid run.

Sandy, sucks about travel plans. Wow.

QOTD:  I used to sleep like a log until our youngest daughter developed juvenile diabetes at age 2.  She was prone to night time low BS's and had a few seizures, so DW and I can wake up at the slightest sound.  She's 22 now and lives in WV, but we're both still light sleepers.  I go to sleep around midnight and up around 7-7:30.  Usually read in bed before dozing off.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

I am here in the north country. Patiently waiting for my wood fire to get just right so I can slap some burgers on it. We had our storms go thru yesterday and now we have some sweet weather conditions on the backside of that front. We'll barely top over the 60's over the next few days. Nice.  Oh and grouse hunting opens on Saturday.  We have the finest ruffed grouse hunting in the country right out my door. Can't wait.

Got in a little over 4 hours on my loop in the Porcupine Mts. today. Great conditions and a good run. Love running thru all that old growth forest. Never gets old.  Think in a couple days I'll head over to the Sylvania wilderness tract, do my 10 mile loop, and get another fix of old growth and one of the nicest stands of virgin white pine around. Guess it might be one of the reasons we trail run...

QOTD--Feel bad for some of you and your sleep issues.  I can lay down about anywhere and be asleep in no time. Sleep like a log myself and usually get close to 8 hours every night. However I have developed this old man bladder as of late so I often get up once  for that but back to sleep in a snap.

Watoni

I ran 4.5 yesterday evening ... it did not feel too hot (low 90s, dropped quickly to low 80s). Now that my left ankle is feeling a bit better my right Achilles is acting up again *&*^&%^$&^^^$$$$$!!!  Anyway, the run was at least faster than I have been generally running.

Did a ride at lunch to loosen things up, and it was 98 when I got back .... yuck. PT later, then an easy hour run with some accelerations if I can muster the energy and everything cooperates.

I work very unpredictable hours and have shitake sleep, but often conk out dead to the world when I do get the chance.

some call me Tim

well, I did run 5 today, even if the lateness makes this post pointless...

because I can never sleep, and for about a million reasons, which means it doesn't take much to mess with my sleep and I am far, far away from a good 8 hours. I function just fine, though sometimes I look like I took a right hook to the nose.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not pointless.. 

well, I did run 5 today, even if the lateness makes this post pointless...

because I can never sleep, and for about a million reasons, which means it doesn't take much to mess with my sleep and I am far, far away from a good 8 hours. I function just fine, though sometimes I look like I took a right hook to the nose.