Trailer Trash

Ice Age Trail Registration (Read 37 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

For those who are interested in either the 50M or 50K races on May 9th, 2015, registration opens at Noon, CST, on Sunday, December 14th. Last year the race sold out in less than 3 hours.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Are you planning on coming out again, George?  I don't know if I'll run the HM or just drive out for a run/to spectate.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Assuming I make it through the registration process, I plan to be out to redeem myself. I've learned more about handling the heat and making adjustments. I also have some hilly trails I plan on running for training that should be as tough as anything on the 50K course.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good to hear Smile

I am debating whether to register or not.  Not sure I want to pay for a race that's not the 50K or 50M.  I might just go for my own long run.  Too bad they won't let you have a pacer!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Good to hear Smile

I am debating whether to register or not.  Not sure I want to pay for a race that's not the 50K or 50M.  

What an elitist snob! 

NorthernHarrier

Bigger question--Why would you pay any money to do a race that included 2 loops of the effin' nordic trail??? 

Edit to add--no disrespect George as I realize you have some unfinished business there.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bigger question--Why would you pay any money to do a race that included 2 loops of the effin' nordic trail??? 

I will run the 50K again because I also have unfinished business with that race.  Namely I want to go sub-7.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Edit to add--no disrespect George as I realize you have some unfinished business there.

I'm also still basically a road runner and IAT is a relatively easy trail race to help with the transition. Eventually I would like to be able to run some of the western trail races that have a lot more vertical gain, and higher altitude, than I feel I can handle now. Le Grizz is one that looks interesting and I'd love to revisit Glacier NP as well.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Occasional Runner

What an elitist snob! 

I thought we agreed the official term is "Elitist Prick".

I once read in the RWOL beginner forum that Mandy is an elite runner. It's a slippery slope from "Elite" to "Elitist Prick". 

NorthernHarrier

For the record for anyone lurking and opens this thread interested in the IAT races, they are actually pretty good. I was just making a lighthearted jab at my "elite" trail bud.  Good organization, great volunteers and aid stations, good feed put on at the finish, and I find the Kettle Moraine country very pretty.

But I do have to voice my complaint again that there is no reason in the world that the 50k has to run two laps of the nordic trails. They could easily just have the 50kers continue on past the normal turnaround at the horse campground on the IAT and just go another 4.5 miles or so and then turn.  If they are worried about potential traffic with the lead 50 milers then start everyone together doing a lap of the nordic and everything would be thinned out once you get to the single track. At confusion corner the 50 milers go left like normal and the 50k peeps go right like normal. More time on the actual IAT and less on the homogenized nordic system.

But then again I really don't give a shit as I'll never do it again. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's not my fault that I am the elitist of the elite.  I mean, I may even break 60 minutes in my 10K next month.  Autographs afterward, of course, but there might be a line.

And I agree with you, Harrier.  I find it strange they have the 50K run 2 loops of Nordic when there's so much better trail to be run.

Running is dumb.

dpc3

Harrier did a bunch of grouse pee in your coffee this morning? Oh I won't be registering as I have no business commenting on this thread.

NorthernHarrier

Harrier did a bunch of grouse pee in your coffee this morning? Oh I won't be registering as I have no business commenting on this thread.

WTF?  Don't quite understand your point.  So it's wrong for me to comment on a race I've done 4x?  Not to mention running a gazillion miles on those trails since the late eighties.  Weird.  Carry on.

dpc3

I was just messing around with you Harrier, you mentioned folks lurking and I was one of them. The grouse comment was made because I know you like to chase them in the woods in the area. Was not trying to offend at all or question your knowledge of the trails / race.

NorthernHarrier

dpc--  No worries, thanks for the clarification. Believe it or not some things just go right over my head. LOL!   It's on me.

Off topic, since you brought up Grouse. This has been my worst season ever. I have essentially hung it up for this season and will just pheasant hunt in southern Wi. over the next several weeks.  Yeah I know just being out in beautiful cover on a late fall day makes any hunt a success but all my favorite spots in both central and northern Wi. are overrun with lyme carrying deer ticks. Kinda wrecks my passion for the game. Sucks.