Trailer Trash

My favorite place is being featured by Bear Grylls (Read 35 times)

Birdwell

I've shared some photos and stories before of my favorite place to go hiking, the Ashdown Gorge Wilderness, just outside of my town.

It's secluded, peaceful and no one knows it's there. That's all about to change.

Apparently Bear was in town filming recently and on Monday's episode of Running Wild (on you local NBC station), they'll be showing him and a guest running all around and rappelling off a prominent arch in the area.

So, if you've ever been curious about the best of what Southern Utah has to offer, check it out!

I'm getting a little worried as I've noticed a constant uptick in visitors to this area. I hope it stays the nice quiet place I've grown to love.

Daydreamer1

Southern Utah is an area I'd like to explore a little bit more. Too many places to see, too little time .

Good luck on keeping it quite. This will probably bring a few more visitors.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My nephew took me one a run this week.  A couple of cars showed up with tourist and my nephew remarked on nothing is a secret local spot anymore with the internet.  Sorry to hear you are being invaded Bidwelll...  I love so Utah and want to make a spring trip there...I'll have to check out this wilderness place you speak of     i plan on watching it.

Hope your baby is doing good.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I actually enjoy this new show of his. It's on after American Ninja Warrior (which I love) and I've left the TV on after a few times and have been sucked in. It's pretty cool to see celebrities humbled by nature, especially in such amazingly beautiful places.

AT-runner

Tim

Hopefully doesn't impact your area too much.  We're waiting on the Robert Redford movie about hiking the AT to see what it does to the trail traffic.  Problem is, publicity it usually gets people in over their heads who don't belong in remote trail sections.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I actually enjoy this new show of his. It's on after American Ninja Warrior (which I love) and I've left the TV on after a few times and have been sucked in. It's pretty cool to see celebrities humbled by nature, especially in such amazingly beautiful places.

I like American Ninja Warrior, too. I don't have the grip strength to do some of those things. But I think it is funny when the announcers say, "He/She has completed an ultra marathon!!". It is a good show, but some of those folks are little over the top, quitting jobs, etc.

LB2

I like American Ninja Warrior, too. I don't have the grip strength to do some of those things. But I think it is funny when the announcers say, "He/She has completed an ultra marathon!!". It is a good show, but some of those folks are little over the top, quitting jobs, etc.

Agreed. I am considering checking out a local ANW gym near me just to have fun and try some of the obstacles, since I was a gymnast for 10 years I feel like I have the guts and muscle memory for some of that stuff.  But some people are crazy on that show.

Anyway, back to the OT --- I hope Bear Grylls doesn't ruin the area for Birdwell. I'll probably watch the episode at some point to check out the scenery!