Trailer Trash

Tis the Tuesdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  My 5-ish mile run yesterday turned into about a 10 miler- the weather was near perfect low 60's, so I figured I better take advantage of it.  Going to try and get 5-ish in after work.

qotd: next race/event/adventure?  I have the Devil's Backbone this weekend, a very tough 25 miler (or an even tougher 50 miler )- this is the event I did with Harrier last summer during our short summer bromance 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Keep Going

Happy Tuesday!

Mike, Devil's Backbone sounds like a fun race by just the name alone. Good luck and interested in pics!

5 tempo miles last night post chiropractor. I always run fast and loose after an adjustment, then I slowly pummel myself after that screwing it all up!

qotd: I have Montour 12 hr day race. 1.5 mile loops in the woods. Oh happy day. Not really an adventure though. That will be saved for Eastern States on 8/13 which I go back and forth regretting why I ever signed up for that torture . LOL

100 milers are my favorite

LB2

I just ran a quick little 3 mile loop this morning. I slept a little later than I expected, and I wanted to get back to cook breakfast for everyone. Guess what? They haven't even rolled over yet. I could still be running. But 3 is okay for today. I'll get up earlier tomorrow.

QOTD: Nothing for a while. I plan to run Cajun Coyote in December, so I am just building a stronger level of fitness before diving into some longer stuff in August. I will probably only get one or two 20 mile runs in before Labor Day. I tend to peak a little early. So, I am taking it slow.

LB2

LB2

qotd: I have Montour 12 hr day race. 1.5 mile loops in the woods. Oh happy day. Not really an adventure though. That will be saved for Eastern States on 8/13 which I go back and forth regretting why I ever signed up for that torture . LOL

I looked at Eastern States the other day. It looks like an interesting race.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A slow 7 this morning.  I just kinda got lost in my thoughts as I meandered along.

QOTD: I signed up for the Montour 12 hour (night version) in a couple weeks.  Not 100% committed to it yet but since I paid, I imagine I will be there.  Never done a timed event so it should be interesting.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

8 miles yesterday evening with the Lady up and down the hills of the Birdsboro Watershed. Similar miles tonight on the trails of French Creek.

QOTD: Planning a trip out west in September, Bend Oregon I believe will be our base for 5 days of goof off trail running. No ultra races yet on the schedule. Will jump into some local shorter trail races this summer. Hopefully I can make the halfwit half this year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Man, it's only Tuesday!

Had a nice exploration run this morning as I was trying to see if I could link some trails together. Low and behold, there was this tiny opening that looked like a trail in the area that I was looking, and about 100' in it opened up to a beautiful single track.  Really nice trail, and I get very excited when I find a new trail; as in kid on Christmas morning excited. Anyway, it lead me to a closed off old logging road, and I was only on that for 1/4 miles before I got to next the section of trail I was looking for.  Can't wait to go back and map it with my Garmin.  Ended up near 10 miles probably, but not sure since 3-4 miles were new to me.

XT - Half Whit Half is always a good one.  Hate those steps!

QOTD:  Grand Circle Trailfest in October is my next signed up race.  Maybe Labor Pains or Blues Cruise, or maybe just some fun running until then. Maybe I should look into Montour.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sun came up and I wasn't running....just tired...so plan to leave work a little early and get in at least 6.

QOTD:  Doing the Reagner Relay in two weeks.  There's a 7.10, 3.2, and 5.6 mile legs.  Based on our estimates I think I will be running 3 miles at 4 PM 7 miles at 2 am, and 5.6 at 11AM.  Should be a pretty full moon.    After that it's the trail fest in Utah but I am trying to find a fall long race.

AT:  Love finding new trails. 

Sandy:  Who is Devin renting a house from this year?  My friend is into the horse community here.  She is also manning a Aid Station at Tevis.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Man, it's only Tuesday!

Exactly how I feel!  Just came back from 2 hours at the DMV. Good thing I got in a fast row and elliptical workout right before.  And that was yesterday's skipped workout.

qotd: No good running adventure planned, but heading up to the Northeast in early August for wild blueberries and a coastal trip to Maine.  Then a trip to visit family in MN, with a side trip to the Apostle Islands on Superior, which hopefully will include a day of kayaking the caves.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for a little over 6 miles. Thermometer says it's about 90. At least it's not real humid and there is a breeze.

QOTD: Montour 12 hour on the 23rd.  Not trained the way I wanted to be, but then I never am. Doing the daylight version. First time for a timed event and I'm looking forward to it. Just gotta plan my race strategy. Probably should have started with the 6 hour version but this is part of my training for my fall 50 miler.

Gator eye

Did ten solo before the sun come up. Hot and humid, looks like another rest week for Mr. Jangles.

QOTD: Marquette 100k in August and still in the hunt for something short and fun for the fall.

Sandy-2

I ended up doing 6 mi yesterday, it actually almost felt normal. I really need to concentrate on not piling on too many miles too quickly though or I'll be back to 'ground zero' in a heartbeat.  I slept in this morning and plan to do 5 after work today.

Sandy:  Who is Devin renting a house from this year?  My friend is into the horse community here.  She is also manning a Aid Station at Tevis.

She is riding a Texas horse that she has been helping a friend train.  Her friend is also riding her other horse, they'll probably ride together. Anyway, that friend has some connections out in CA and I guess she'll be staying with them (and the horses). Which aid station will your friend be at?  By the way, for her two previous finishes, she rode a horse from Grass Valley.

qotd: I still have hopes for UTMF in Sept.  My totals for the last 4 weeks have been 6, 12, 10 and 8 (yes those are weekly totals !!!)  So you can see the rock that I'm under, hopefully the main PF issue (not to mention the UTI) is behind me and I can get it together for the next 10 weeks.

tbd.