Trailer Trash

Too warm Tuesday (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

Got in just under 4 miles last night at the pool park.  Interesting sights and encounters along the way. First was the group of 4 men smoking pot on the trail. I could smell them long before I turned the corner and met them.  A little sketchy, since it was heavy dusk and I was alone, but they were happy doing their thing same as was i so we exchanged 'hellos' and continued onward. Next was a ferocious dog barking, snapping and pulling terribly on it's leash, attempting to attack. The owner kept an appropriate distance and apologized. The dog was about the same size as my foot so I wasn't terribly worried. Next was the woman with the stroller (presumably with a baby) standing in the dark, perfectly still and in the easement, doing nothing.  just odd.

And last, when the run (and swim practice) was over, DS and I had a great sighting of the Antares rocket launch from 100+ miles away.  At such a distance, I was not expecting it to be so bright and big. very cool.  Would love to be in Chincoteague next to Wallops sometime for one of those launches.

qotd: any interesting/odd or noteworthy encounters on the trail recently? see above for me. Nothing outstanding, but it was just a funny run with a bunch of odd encounters happening all together.

LB2

I ran a somewhat speedy 4.3 mile loop this morning. It was the same loop from yesterday, but it was much faster this morning. I guess my legs were just tired yesterday.

QOTD: No real weird things on the trail in quite some time. I have seen some odd things at night on 100 mile runs, but I am so far out in the woods that I don't ever really see anyone except during hunting season, and rarely then.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice 9-ish mile run up Emigrant Ck, near Chico- soaked in the hot springs for about an hour afterwards- it's a tough life but someone needs to do it

might get a short run in this evening depending on what time we get back

qotd: had clouds chase me up a mountain last week, was pretty neat- can't outrun clouds

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Still feel like I'm in the wrong timezone, but slept like a baby last night.  Nice and easy 5 miles on the road this morning to shake to legs out. No aches or pain from the Trailfest, so that's a good thing. Pretty warm here today, as well.  By Thursday it should be back to autumnal temperatures.

George - I remember you as one of the early ones on RW along with XT, John and cgerber. And, happy belated 70th birthday.

QOTD:  At the Grand Canyon last Tuesday, DW and I ran from the Visitors Center along the Rim Trail and then hiked down South Kaibab.  On the SK we saw a middle aged Asian woman (with a selfie stick) wearing dress shoes and what I would call "office clothes". She was already past Ooh Aah Point and still hiking down. Her 3 companions were dressed appropriately, but none had any water. No idea how she felt going back up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Warm indeed, we're supposed to get to 93 deg today - typical fall day around here.  I'll run after work today.

wc - from yesterday, congrats on the marathon - sounds really great.

qotd:  I had a few interesting encounters on the 2nd night of Grindstone, people on a bridge over a stream, a guy splashing his face with water, people standing near a building. . . .  only thing is, they actually weren't there.  Not on a trail but the night before the run there were two people going at it hot-n-heavy in the restaurant parking lot.  I know it wasn't an illusion as there were two other people walking to their car (we had stayed well clear of the rockin' car) and we just sort of laughed about it before we went our separate ways. I guess the old slogan that they still have on tee shirts is true, Virginia is for lovers.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

qotd:  I had a few interesting encounters on the 2nd night of Grindstone, people on a bridge over a stream, a guy splashing his face with water, people standing near a building. . . .  only thing is, they actually weren't there.  Not on a trail but the night before the run there were two people going at it hot-n-heavy in the restaurant parking lot.  I know it wasn't an illusion as there were two other people walking to their car (we had stayed well clear of the rockin' car) and we just sort of laughed about it before we went our separate ways. I guess the old slogan that they still have on tee shirts is true, Virginia is for lovers.

Remember that beaver we saw in the middle of the night, Sandy?!? That was odd.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a great 4.6 last night under a nice bright moon.  My first run since OC, I chugged along for 3/4 of a mile and then it was like turning a switch.  I ran the rest at 5kish pace.  I am not sure what got into me but it was fun and I felt great.  It kinda makes me want to run a 5k....kinda.

QOTD: I saw plenty of stuff at OC....illusions.  But funny thing is it was all during the day.  I guess I just have a habit of making something out of nothing out in the woods.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran a little over 4 this morning...dark in am and hard to get out of bed so had to make the run short.  It was a beautiful run after 4 days of pouring rain...the woods looked beautiful, sparkly, leaves turning golden, sun shine through the trees...

QOTD:  hmm not really lately.  I did go off trail a bit and saw a hole in the side of a hill.  The dogs wanted to explore but I even though I thought the opening was too small for a bear I figured it was some large animals home.

George:  Your birthday weekend sounded wonderful!!

Sandy:  Speaking of rocking Vans..CGerber had a van and I said to him if the van is a rockin don't come knockin.  Chris replied; "Sue if the van is rockin call the police because it's been stolen" 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Checking in a little late today. Got out of work about three hours late then came home went to bed and died for a few hours. DW finally drug me out by the heels and we went for a short run/walk.  She walked and I ran my 5.1 mile loop meeting her with about  1 1/2 miles to go then walking back together.

Runtrail - I don't really worry about people smoking weed as long as it's the genuine stuff and not laced with anything.  Get the biggest, nastiest dude totally stoned and they become nice little pussycats .  Sometimes I think we should build bonfires of the stuff and let everyone inhale . Bet the world would be a easier going place.

WC - Happy 70th. Great way to celebrate.

QOTD: Nothing notable recently which is kind of disturbing. That's part of why I run in the woods.  About a month ago, the night I sprained my ankle, there was a car that was apparently smoking weed and later I heard the guys howling at the full moon.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Very easy 6.1 miles recovery run.

qotd: haven't been on the trails recently, except for some easy walking at Acadia NP taking in the scenery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.