Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesday (Read 17 times)

LB2

Heading out for 4 in a few minutes. We have finally cooled off a little. The last week and a half has been like running during the summer.

QOTD: Are you sticking to whatever your New Year goals are/were?

Yes. I am actually exceeding expectations right now. And I am excited about running again. I was in a bad rut with my running last year. But so far, I am excited about getting out the door.

LB2

Gator eye

We did 6 in some serious mud, when we got back Mr Jangles decided he needed to shake and he shook muddy water all over the kitchen and i didnt have time to clean it up before work. Im sure i'll get a serious ass chewin from the DW when i get home tonight.

QOTD: so far so good. But its not hard when you don't set any goals.

Daydreamer1

Things were busy yesterday at work then really slowed overnight so I got in a good long nap so now I'm going to skip my normal after work nap and head to the gym instead. Didn't think I was going to make it there today. Hopefully I can get in a real good workout.  It will be the normal of mostly weights with cardio being either the bike or the rower.

QOTD: I didn't make any New Year goals. But that was only because I had set a goal back in October. For me it was to get into the gym and gain back my strength, add visible muscle and lose fat.

My plan was to really dial back the running when I got done with my 50 mile race.  My first trip to the gym was in mid November and I've been fairly regular since then.  After decreasing my running miles my weight shot way up going to as high as 184 from 176-177.  Some of that is starting to come off but not real fast. What has changed though is my body fat percentage. That has really dropped and the last two week I look and feel better.  I was mostly using the bench press as my performance benchmark with a goal of benching 225 lbs three times. First trip back I hit 120 lbs . Since then I'm up to 165 lbs 8 times and may hit 170 today. Most of my other weights are increasing nicely as well although for some reason my biceps aren't responding as well as I would like them to.  For me the key to being successful in the gym is making sure that I get there at least twice a week. So far, so good.

The real challenge will come when it gets warmer outside and it's easier to run and ride longer distances and when I start training in earnest for  my 12 hour race.

Sandy-2

LB2, yes morning temps and lower humidity are really good right now.  I did 4 quick miles this morning - felt really great.

I had to get it done this morning because they are calling for 82 deg this afternoon ...  summer indeed.

qotd: I didn't make any new year's resolutions, so I have exceeded them in every way !!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

My plan was to really dial back the running when I got done with my 50 mile race.  My first trip to the gym was in mid November and I've been fairly regular since then.  After decreasing my running miles my weight shot way up going to as high as 184 from 176-177.  Some of that is starting to come off but not real fast. What has changed though is my body fat percentage. That has really dropped and the last two week I look and feel better.  I was mostly using the bench press as my performance benchmark with a goal of benching 225 lbs three times. First trip back I hit 120 lbs . Since then I'm up to 165 lbs 8 times and may hit 170 today. Most of my other weights are increasing nicely as well although for some reason my biceps aren't responding as well as I would like them to.  For me the key to being successful in the gym is making sure that I get there at least twice a week. So far, so good.

I doubt I could do 225 three times. I don't know if I could do 225 once right now. I will probably start back in the gym around the first of June when I start a focused effort toward my fall race.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 12 miles on snowy trails.  Feet were pretty frozen by the time I was done.  They got wet as snow was melting and some parts of the trail had standing water on it.

LB- glad you found your mojo again.

Dd- nice improvement.

QOTD: no hard goals but I'm a bit behind on distance due to a few ice storms and one fog day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Another day of nothing and my cold isn't so bad that it would prevent me from running...I'm just in a slump.

QOTD:  Hell no!  But I never really get down on myself for not sticking with my goals I just keep trying.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ get out of that slump dammit- that's an order! 

went to to the gym to strength train, found out my shoulder has a ways to go- went to warmup on the bench with 135 and it didn't feel good. Tried the Hammer Strength chest machine and that wasn't too bad. Deadlifts were a no go. Tried pull-ups palms away and they were a no go, tried them palms facing and those were ok, as were chins. Surprisingly dips were ok, I thought they would have been a no go. Anyways just going to have to pick and choose what I can and can't do.

Going to to try and get 5-ish in after work.

qotd: I never really set any hard and fast goals for the year, just try to keep up what I have been doing- basically getting in 30-ish miles/week with some good vert and have done a pretty good job thus far (even broke into the 40's last week).

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hi all. 5 miles on the paved trail. We still have the winds from the storm yesterday so I stayed out of the deep woods.  Lots of downed trees from yesterday. The creek was pretty high, too.

qotd: Happy with my low-key goals. Mainly was yoga for a month, which I've decided to keep on for another round (February). I'm noticing that I'm building strength and balance and so want to continue for a while longer. I also took off from running (at 29 miles today) but I need to ramp it back up since February is next week.  Not doing as well on eating less sugar and processed carbs.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.1 miles today

<----- qotd:  Not actually a New Years goal, but one I decided to chase after a friend's inspirational post on FB

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.