Trailer Trash

'Tis Tuesday (Read 27 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Got in 3.5 miles before dawn, while older DS was in the pool.  Ran one of my winter, dark routes near the pool-- first time since late winter last year, and I'd forgotten the long downhill then uphill.  And it was quiet.  No cars, no people and most unusually, no wildlife.

qotd:  Following the presidential candidates?  Any thoughts/observations/comments?  For me, it's jaw dropping what some of these folks are alleging and proposing.  It really is a sh*t show out there right now, IMO.  And I cannot wait to see or hear what comes up next.

LB2

Probably an SRD. I need to get a hair cut after work and take care of some business. I will get up and run in the morning before my dentist appointment.

QOTD: I am about all "electioned" out right now with this governor's race. My friend won that election, by the way. That still hasn't sunk in. However, I have watched most of the debates. I suspect that, in the end, Rubio will be the nominee for the Republicans and Clinton for the Dems. I find it hard to believe that Trump is still polling so high, but once people start voting in primaries, we will probably get a better picture of what is going on. Trump hasn't given one plan as to how we will accomplish anything. It is all these grand statements like, "We are going to build a wall so big that it will make your head spin... And the Mexicans are going to pay for it." Or, "The Chinese love me. I beat them all the time." Or "Everyone we have is stupid. They. Are. Stupid. Stupid. People."

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready to get out for a few miles in the wind, dreading it.

Not so much because of the cold, but because I've been having a very painful, swollen throat for something like 10 days now, and no sign of it getting any better. Sucks.

Nancy: Your kids are awesome with their swimming, getting up early and putting in all that effort. And you, too!

LB2: Haircut is always good. Running before the dentist, too. You never know what he's going to do to you that will ruin your running. Agree on your statement about Donald Duck Trump.

QOTD: Following the follow-ups of the debates on both domestic and international news. Gives a nice, more rounded perspective. Good enough for someone like me who is not eligible to vote anyway.

I am not so fond of Clinton, I think she's too intellectual and complicated for the majority of Americans, so she won't get enough votes. But, we'll see. Trump? Donald. Enough said.

Run for fun.

LB2

LB2: Haircut is always good. Running before the dentist, too. You never know what he's going to do to you that will ruin your running. Agree on your statement about Donald Duck Trump.

I know what this dentist is going to do and not do. We have already gone over vocabulary and everything at my last visit. Keywords: Pressure vs. Pain. We have the same definitions, which is more than I can say for my last dentist. My definition on pain was her definition for pressure, and that didn't work out well.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run last night as DW got home late.  And she is in a fairly set running schedule herself so my times for running has shrunk considerably...hoping to get in a good run tonight though but my stomach is not feeling great so we'll see.  Me thinks the Queen is going to win.

LB2 - always important that your definitions are the same as the physician - "oh this won't hurt much!!"

runtrailsdc - I second Couch's statements - very impressive about the morning swimming.

QOTD: I watched (or tried to watch) one of the republican debates.  What a cluster! It reminded me why I typically do not pay attention to politics.  I don't think Trump was serious when he started (all a campaign to gain attention in his other "entertainment" ventures) but once the first supposed poll told him he is a front runner, he went with it.  I cannot possibly imagine an election of Trump vs. Clinton.  I'd be moving out of the country if that was my choice.   That's all I am going to say about that.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Spending a nice quiet day at work.  Ok, Ok, just dreaming. So far it's been busy.  No run today and none yesterday. I had planned on 7-8 miles. DS was changing the oil on his car, the one that he just had another engine put in two months ago. Now he found a ton of metal flakes in the oil filter housing . That took up a bunch of time and we are hoping that the filter housing is from the old engine and just wasn't cleaned when they switched it over. If so the engine should be OK as no metal got through the filter. Otherwise it's coming from somewhere in the engine .

QOTD: I hate politics. This is a mess. I don't think there is one viable Republican candidate, other than maybe Jeb Bush, and Clinton scares the crap out of me. It think it's going to be a rough year until the elections.

Unfortunately it seems like we are headed towards a situation like in Syria. A lot of factions where everybody hates everyone.  That situation reminds me of the type of situation that caused World War One.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran the Twisted Turkey 10 mile race course (Fairfield, PA) today. They had the race last week and I couldn't make it. 3 big climbs with two of them being hands on knees for 1/4 mile or so. Ran it in 1:44 and that would have put me 3rd in my AG.  Nice course with good mix of straight trails and very twisted trails. 2050' in elevation which is pretty good for a 10 miler.

QOTD:  The media picks them, so it really doesn't matter. They love Hillary and circus that is Trump.  Sanders could cure cancer and get less media coverage than Hillary. I stay way from TV news and read several papers online, looking for a neutral view.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi everybody!  I had a great run this morning for 2.24.  A storm is moving in so my run consisted of cool air, interesting cloud formations, wind, and a sliver of pink in the valley floor.  The feeling of the storm brewing is exciting.  I could tell the dogs were extra excited too.  It was like ya..this is why we run..in the woods!!

QOTD:  No..I have my head firmly planted in the sand.  I feel like I can't do anything about who is elected so I just don't care.

Jamie:  Long live the Queen...well I am heading off tomorrow for beach camping which means if the tide is not out when I get up I don't run that day.  So you have all weekend to gain on me.  Most likely no long run this weekend either, unless leave work early Monday. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a great run last night, after my first hill repeat I had the mountain to myself. The views into the lit up town, with the moon rising above, was really neat

We have a major storm rolling in, it's already dumped about 4" of snow in a short time frame. If the wind doesn't pick up too much this evening, I'm going to try and get 6-ish miles in- running in snow with a headlamp is very soothing

qotd: from now on I would prefer everyone call me "the Mike" as I to am thinking about entering the fray 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today, too busy over here in China.

qotd:  If any of the Republicans win I'm moving out of the country....     wait.   

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL