Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Thought I would beat the rain, but didn't.  First mile or so wasn't too bad, then drizzle, then awe shit !  Pretty cold and wet by the time I got back to the car. Where I ran, there were no trails that I could use to shorten the misery, so stuck it out for an additional 6 miles.

Stayed up to watch the USA Women's Hockey. Awesome game.

QOTD:  Do you regularly check weather / radar before running, or just wing it?  I'm a weather.com junkie, so look at hourly forecast and local radar before leaving for almost every run.  Many times I'll check in the car at the trail head just to make sure I'm dressed right.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I might get out for a short run if I don't have to stay too late at the office.  AT's cold rain is coming in my direction though.  Rain when it's in the 30's is the worst.

QOTD:  I'm pretty anal with the weather forecast.  I hate being under or over dressed.  I may also change up the run type depending on weather as well.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

I ran 4 this morning. It was pleasant. I saw that fox again; I have seen him/her on both runs this week.

QOTD: I usually check it the night before. However, if it is a race, I will start checking way before it is necessary to check.

LB2

GC100k

I might get some treadmill miles in this evening. We'll see how things shake out.

Ran outside yesterday. It was a glorious 77 degrees here in PA yesterday and I gloated to my family in Texas where it was in the 30s and miserable. Don't get many chances to gloat like that. Back to ~40 and rainy today here.

I'm obsessive about checking the weather on weather.com and each week can't wait until Thurs afternoon when I can see the hourly forecast for my Saturday run. I'll check weather.com to see if it's cold when I'm standing 8 ft from my front door.

I rarely register for a race until it's within 10 days so I can have some hint of the forecast.

Sandy-2

Will run after work again today.

qotd: I usually check for the temp and if there is lightening in the area. I'll pretty much run in any weather except lightening. 

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3 miles with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening. I was hoping to get a few miles in this evening, but DW signed us for a dinner deal with her coworkers- oh the joy 

in other news- -4 F this morning and our heat went out sometime last night- we have radiant floor heating so unless you happen to have a boiler license, nothing I could do. It is quite impressive in my mechanical room with all the pipe, tubes, switches, dials etc 

fortunately our ductless ac unit also has a heat function and was able to get a guy to look at it today

qotd: big time weather junky; don’t know if it’s available everywhere, but the NWS has what they call zone forecasts- you can click on a map and they will show you the closest site- really useful for the mountains, as they have sites at a range of elevations- much better than the local forecast in town

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √