Trailer Trash

The Memorial Day weekender (Read 25 times)

XtremeTaper

6 miles with the Lady this morning at French Creek to shake out the cobwebs. Felt pleasant today, but I ran in an area with heavy shade and took it a jogging/recovery effort for the most part. Mountain Laurel is in bloom now. Lots of white dappling the woods.

Queenie - The Lady has gone up to 5 hours with me but that was few year ago and it was too much for her. I limit her to 3 hours max now. I actually have a running companion in human form, a pretty talented runner a few years back who just now runs for fun. He joins me on long runs a few times a month.

AT - Yeah, I was wondering how it turned out for you. I assume your loop was totally exposed to the sun all day. Geez, a tough one. That's good miles and perseverance for both you and your wife.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Turned in 16.3 miles up on the mountain last evening. Took a lot of walk breaks. The heat didn't take any breaks until the sun went totally down.  Gonna spend the afternoon at my parents place, something I normally do on Sunday evenings after running doing the day. Today I'll reverse the process and go for a run tonight. Probably around 6-7 miles.

AT - I was wondering how you were making out with the heat. I had thought about coming down to do 6 hours and now I'm glad I didn't.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

15 miles..with the mutts and a friend in the shaded woods.

At:  Nice job, I personally think those time events sound crazy!!!  Eeewww

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Ended up with another 4 yesterday as the humidity dropped.  Still hot though, but overall the run felt much better than the morning's.  Today was 0 miles, though I had planned to get some in.  Heavy garden work and projects instead.

AT-- congrats to you and DW!

qotd: it's raining again.

moonlightrunner

AT & Wife: Congratulations! Amazing in such awful conditions. I hope some adult beverages this evening make you feel better.

I put in a competitively measley 9 miles today. I neglected to bring my inhaler with me and was short of breath for most of it. The air was thick with pollen. The heat here is not brutal like some places, but still I struggle in it.

Qotweekend: I try to be thankful for those who fought and served. It is a personal thing for me since my son is in the National Guard, has been deployed once, and is now a police officer in our city. It was his dream but I read every day in the news how high the risk is every day.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holiday!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

10+ yesterday early and 14+ early today on the AT.  Was hot when I finished.

Good job AT and the Mrs.  That is very impressive under the conditions.  Pretty amazing actually.

Had a good day today, run, church, pool, picnic that included a gigantic water slide.  Now I am tired.  I must be getting old.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

AT and Mrs. AT, Congratulations, sounds like it was brutal and was all about managing the elements. If it was also full sun, that is a killer for me.

Did another 1.5 hours on the stationary bike Sunday.  Today is a SRD. Foot improving every day.

DW and I made an impromptu stop yesterday at the UN Cemetery (actually it's the only UN cemetery in the world), watched the solemn daily ceremonial lowering of the UN Flag, I think there were 5 people there to watch including us.  Knowing that it happens every day whether there are people there to watch or not, especially this weekend, was chilling.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

AT and his DW - congratulations. The heat was brutal. Congrats on making it as far as you did.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

Ran twice in Charlotte NC this weekend. Great to run on flater ground. 12 miles sat 7 miles sun.

qotd   I think of my FIL. He served three years and three mos in North Africa and Italy

You didn't come home unless you lived and the war was over.

Dad finished his pilots training and was shipped to the Pacific. He was part of the force that was going to attack Japan mainland before they dropped the bomb. I might not be hear if it wasn't for the bomb.

Mom was stopped by the police.

Mom   Officer what did I do wrong? I've only had one glass of wine.

officer  Lady please don't tell me you have had anything to drink.

Mom  Look at this cast of caracters. Who would you chose to drive.

At 87 mom was the youngest and only lady still able to drive.

He let her go.