Trailer Trash

Survived Sundaily (Read 28 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH and I survived the Devil's Backbone-will post up a race report soon.  We got an early start this morning- NH has a long drive ahead of him, fortunately for me just an hour and a half.  The bromance is over for now 

qotd: what's the next event on the calendar?  I've got the Elkhorn 50K in two weeks, looking for a little redemption on this race- I did it two years ago (I did the 23k last year as it was back to back w/ the Bridger Ridge Run) and had terrible nausea that I fought for hours and subsequently walked much of the course.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Steamy Sunday is more like it on this side of the country.  Went out for a glorious 1.07 miles this morning.  At 1.08, I hit a waterbar, some mud and twisted my ankle pretty badly.  After considering a DH rescue, I figured out a route to connect with a paved trail for an easier (and shorter) walk back. Got it in an air splint now, hopefully working it's compression/stabilization magic.

crap.

qotd:  Well, I had signed up for a 7M trail race in a summer trail series in Minneapolis in a couple of weeks.  I'm optimistic that I will be able to run.  And then next is the kiddo's XC camp in Yellowstone and Tetons that I'm holding in mid-August.

Daydreamer1

Nice toasty day here in Pa and I'm stuck at work.  Woke up yesterday morning with a sore area on my right heel . By the time I was ready to go for a run could barely walk on the ball of my foot. Ended up with a nice easy bike ride.  Foot's feeling better this morning, but a rest day should be good for it.

Warden and NH - Glad to hear you survived and didn't become protein for the  grizzlies .

Runtrail - Hope the ankle heals fast.

QOTD: Call of the Wilds Marathon on Aug 15th. It supposed to be a marathon but it's actually about 28 miles of hills, rocks, roots and according to FTYC, who was on some of the course earlier this summer, lots of mud.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran a few early miles and it still was stinking hot.  Heat index was 12 degrees over actual temp (94 vs 82*). WTF.  Spend the day next to the pool sipping lemonade.

Warden and NH - nicely done.  Long couple of weeks for you guys.

dc - Ouch!  Hope it heals quickly.

Dd1 - You been hanging out with Mandy ~ bad foot lots of biking. Hope it's nothing serious.

QOTD:  Maybe Labor Pains 12hr if we are around for the Labor Day weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

To quote the Wicked Witch of the West, "I'm melting." 93F and sunny which slowed me to a walk for much of the 6 miles.

QOTD: The only one I'm registered for for the rest of the year is North Coast 24 on Sep 19th. I'm looking at a 5K in a couple of weeks or a 10K trail run the same weekend, depends on the weather and my work schedule. Labor Pain is probaby not on my schedule because it's only 2 weeks before NC 24.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

88 degrees with a heat index of 96 - spent the day at work and then at the pool with the kids. 

Maybe an evening run later.

DD and I did a night run yesterday, it was still incredibly hot and humid. 2.5 miles in we decided it was a bit on the sweltering side, so we threw in the towel and went back home. But it was still nice, and I'm glad DD had the guts to try.

Saw a Bald Eagle circling above, I'm sure he will get some fresh fish from the pond near the trailhead, much to the owner's dismay.

warden and Harrier: Glad to hear you lived through it to tell the story. Can't wait for the RR!

traildc: Sounds painful. I hope it will heal up quickly. Something similar happened to me a few years ago, and it was one of the heavier ankle rolls that I had experienced. Did eventually heal just fine, though.

QOTD: Nothing planned right now. I am still eyeing at Grindstone 100, but it is somewhat out of reach in terms of vacation days from work (we don't usually get days off during football season).

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Rest day. I was scheduled for 10 but considering I was up all till 6am drinking beer with our out of town guests I decided to pass. Gosh, it was hot today! I got a nice nap, saw the folks off and cleaned up the place. It's been good to spend some time with old friends - people who get you in ways that others don't, the witnesses to your life. I've got sad old folk songs in my head right now, but I'm at peace.

Hope you all have a nice evening, and for those storms to finally come through and cut the heat for my east coast trailers.

qotd: Another in the mile series this wednesday... nothing serious till the race in my sig

Sandy-2

SRD for me today (Mon.)

tuntraildc: Ouch, sorry !!!  Hope it heals up quickly.

Sounds like the summer heat is hitting hard back home.  Over here we are currently in the monsoon season, warm, humid, rainy and sticky.  Not as bad as TX though.

qotd: Next up is following my DD on her Mongol Derby (Aug 4).  For me it's UTMF 100 mile (Sep 25).

tbd.

LB2

I didn't run Sunday.

QOTD: The next thing on the agenda is the Cottomouth 100 in November.

LB2