Trailer Trash

Race Report for World's End 50K (Read 24 times)

Keep Going

This is a good write up Keystone.  Thanks for sharing the details.

Yet another race to add to my never ending list.  I do think that PA trail folk are continuing to try and outdo each other for most difficult PA trail event.  Looking at the finishing times, this looks harder than Hyner.

Thank You Jamie.. I hear ya on the list thing. There are just so many awesome events out there, especially in the Northeast! I can't speak for Hyner as I have never been there but Adam Russell won both and his time for WE is well over an hour more. WE also was closer to 34 miles long fwiw. More bang for your buck!

100 milers are my favorite

Keep Going

Breakneck could be fun. 

Hyner is early in the year and therefore a great motivation to keep going when winter and snow drag out into February and March.

If you like climbing you will love Breakneck Couch..hehe just sayin!

Keep Going

Nice report and congrats on a hard earned finish!  Pretty darn neat meeting and running with Gil, the ultra community is tops in my book 

I've said it before, but a lot of folks don't realize how much tough country exists on the East Coast- yeah we got tall mountains, but we certainly don't have a lock on tough places to run (just re-watched Finding Traction- Niki Kimballs FKT attempt at the Long Trail- that looked very tough!)

<-- very humbled by a run in NC a couple of years ago

Thanks mt! Yea the East Coast is nasty. Just check out Escarpment 2014 or better yet Manitou Revenge up in the Catskills! The 23 mile or so Devil's Path is considered by many to be the hardest stretch of trail in the East. Looking at the photos and profile I get goosebumps.