Trailer Trash

Aid Station fun (Read 23 times)

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I didn't want to stick this on the weekend thread since it's Tuesday . I volunteer as an Aid Station captain at our local ultra , Silver State 50/50 . The race was last Saturday we got very lucky and didn't get rained on . We did have some mud and that made access a bit of fun . We have a theme every year which I keep secret . Only the other volunteers know ahead of time what the theme will be , we are at about mile 30 on a hard 50 mile course . This year was Toga Party .

Last year our theme was Blazing Saddles , I have some great volunteers who really get into it

No idea yet what next years theme will be .

XtremeTaper

Thanks for volunteering. I was sort of sad I could not make it down to MMT this year to volunteer. I always have a good time down there, and my aid station photos are sometimes classic. I forgo the runner running into the AS shot, and just find people doing normal stuff. I am not captain stuff, though my buddy captained a few times. It's a lot of work but fun. We did the peace, love 60's thing once and the boneyard another year. Not sure what to make of the bareback, er bottom cowboy. I guess he would make some people mosey down the trail quickly. Haha.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Looks like fun! Though I wish I could unsee the butt and chaps guy!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Very cool and looks like a ton of fun!  No ideas for next year, but I haven't had my first beer of the day yet. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

From what I remember, you all are wearing too much clothing under those togas. 

Didn't know Warden was there last year.  He likes big hats.

Looks like fun. I always enjoy a fun AS. Takes your mind off the pain.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Looks like a hoot!

If you’re free the weekend of June 23-24, I’m captain at the ALT AS at mile 85 of WS. Always looking for good volunteers!  Chaps optional!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Cool aid station report.  It's usually a fun time.

Looks like fun! Though I wish I could unsee the butt and chaps guy!

+1  (Especially glad it wasn't a photo from the front.)

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Valerie, what fun! Great of you to volunteer, I am sure the runners loved your aid station and the Toga theme.

I especially love the laurel headwear.

Was the bareback cowboy wearing thongs? Would have been fun to see him after a few hours in the saddle, though... 

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

First a kilt and now this from Warden. 

Didn't know Warden was there last year.  He likes big hats.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Valerie, what fun! Great of you to volunteer, I am sure the runners loved your aid station and the Toga theme.

I especially love the laurel headwear.

Was the bareback cowboy wearing thongs? Would have been fun to see him after a few hours in the saddle, though... 

Yes he was . I'll find the picture from the front for you . He had a big buckle too …..his WS buckle .

Margaret I usually only do the Silver State . The Striders do Foresthill but they always have loads of volunteers so I've never gone . If you are short handed let me know I may be free that weekend .

AT-runner

Tim

Yes he was . I'll find the picture from the front for you . He had a big buckle too …..his WS buckle .

Margaret I usually only do the Silver State . The Striders do Foresthill but they always have loads of volunteers so I've never gone . If you are short handed let me know I may be free that weekend .

Grab Queen, and the three of you can be the RA Crewgars.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!