Trailer Trash

Winter Waddle Wednesdaily (Read 37 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Today is the potluck feast at work.  All damn day.  No running.

In fact, no running for a whole week now, after a feeble attempt at a comeback last week.

I'd better sign myself up for some kind of race quick, before I break 250.

QOTD: What is in you Christmas gift list this year?

I need a new pair of trail shoes.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

runtraildc

Good morning!  DS and I got in a fast couple of miles last night.  Although he never wants to go far these days, he's much faster  so he pushes me into a speed workout that I usually avoid.  Today, it is finally sunny outside so I'm planning to get in 5 miles on the trails.  can't wait.

qotd:  Kahtoola micro-spikes

LB2

Today is an SRD. I had a great tempo run last night.

QOTD: Nothing really.

LB2

Occasional Runner

6 mile tempo run on the roads and a great workout at the gym. I must be getting used to the cold winter weather because 18 degrees felt comfortable this morning.

QOTD: Nothing. I'm sure Jo will find something cool, but I can't think of anything I need or want.

Gator eye

12 on snow covered roads, I start tapering next week, finally. I 'm really looking forward to less cold miles mid week.

QOTD: We took a family vote and all voted on giving up Christmas presents in loo of a vacation to someplace warm at the end of January.

The pooch and I had a nice icy 5 mile trail run.  I am loving my micro spikes.

QOTD: A new bike helmet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get in 5-ish in the hills this evening, going to try and beat the next cold front coming in!

qotd: not much on my list, I'm excited though as I got my grandson a little pair of trail running shoes Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Morning all. Got in 5 last night on the treadmill. Harder than I remember to run on that stupid thing.

QOTD:  New boots. The ones I have now have a hole in the sole...they have surely seen better days.

NorthernHarrier

Short workout in the man cave this morn. Tried to simulate some hard hill climbing on the elliptical. Felt so good that when I get home tonight I'm gonna do some hill repeats in the hood. Attack those hills!

qotd: not much on my list, I'm excited though as I got my grandson a little pair of trail running shoes Big grin

That's awesome. I used to do that for my daughter in her younger years. Since we are talking snowshoes I also had her on some tiny plastic snowshoes when she was 3. Still kept those things for memories.

QOTD--I  have no needs but the same daughter already told me that she got me a BlackDiamond headlamp. She must have been raised right! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

I took a spill yesterday out on the trails, slipped and slammed my head on the ice, woke

up this morning sore and stiff. I may try again later with my screw shoes, may have to take an URD.

QOTD: No gifts this Christmas due to a household budget freeze, but I wish I had a pair

of Kahtoola spikes.

muppy

Had to go Christmas shopping so I stopped at city island to get a few miles in, then went over to the sad city of Harrisburg PA, figured I would run around the Capitol complex, big mistake. Half the walks weren't shoveled from all the snow we got in last week, then on one that was I didn't see a chunk of ice, landed on and went down hard, crawled over to sign post so I could stand up while 2 people just stood there and looked at me yet didn't even ask if I was ok. After few minutes was able to hobble away and a few blocks later could do a slow jog. As a special bonus besides twisting my ankle, the fall also shattered my iPhone!

On the happy side there was plenty of snow to ice up my ankle on way home!

jonferg, hope you feel better!

QOTD A new iPhone would be nice!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

People, be cautious with the ice! A fall can not only incur pain, but real injury and expenses (not only a cellphone, but I paid for the medical bills for my broken elbow for a couple years...) At work all day, and no run after work, as my family has planned my birthday party for the evening. QOTD: now that the tree is finally set up, I can start thinking about presents. Looking back on some of this year's most memorable running moments, maybe a helmet? Just kidding. I'm going for sports glasses.

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I took a spill yesterday out on the trails, slipped and slammed my head on the ice, woke

up this morning ...

Almost sounded like you were knocked out cold all night, lying in the icy trail ..

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

LB2

QOTD: We took a family vote and all voted on giving up Christmas presents in loo of a vacation to someplace warm at the end of January.

I like that idea. The only problem is that I am so outnumbered that we would end up doing both, and I would be the only one tasked with figuring out how to pay for both...

LB2

Daydreamer1

6.3 miles on snowy roads. The weather man is calling for higher temps and rain by the weekend so that should clean off the roads and turn the trails to mud. Gotta love living in Pa.

QOTD: Nothing really. Most of the things that I would like are too complex for someone else to buy for me. I'd rather save the money spent on Christmas and use it for travel purposes later in the year.