Trailer Trash

It's the Tuesdaily (Read 15 times)

muppy

12.9  Miles around town  on farmland and  recreation paths.

Now im off to get two wisdom teeth yanked.

QOTD  do you follow the rules of the road when running?

I always do and wear bright shirts for safety.

People piss me off that run the wrong way or  running side-by-side down the road and don't get over for cars.  There's also a guy that I see in the winter when I'm going to work in the morningwearing all black head to toe and  running with his back toward traffic in the dark , that's nuts!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Busy, but fun weekend- 17 miles in the Mtns Saturday, 20-ish mile Mtn bike w/ DW Sunday; fly fishing Monday- all peppered with lots of good eating and beer consumption  Going to get 5-ish in after work, going to be 80, but that's better than 90!

qotd: luckily I don't have to run roads, but if I did I would be extra cautious- I do bike commute and wear bright (neon green) jackets or vests, helmet and gloves- also a good light in dimmer conditions along with a red flasher on the back. Car/ pedestrian accidents don't usually end well for the pedestrian

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

5 before daybreak. 5 more after work. Kids and wife are at church camp all week. So, I'll bump up my mileage a little bit.

QOTD: I don't run on any roads with traffic. I have one road route that I run, and I see less traffic than I do on a gravel road by my house. However, I always obeyed the rules of the road and still feel fortunate to be alive. People are too distracted these days.

LB2

XtremeTaper

7 trail miles with the Lady yesterday after golf on the easy side of green lane. Grey and humid with occasional light rain. Heavier rain would have felt better. I'm timing my runs again and this came up just on the slow side for the loop but wasn't awful. Tonight, I think I will hit French Creek to stumble amongst the rocks for 6-8 miles.

QOTD: I don't road run too frequently these days, well, not until the dark months hit and I switch to lunchtime running. That said I of course always run against traffic and try to wear bright colors. No sidewalks here for the most part, so I stick to less travelled roads though there are always a few busier streets to connect things all up. I don't do much after dark road running except in my neighborhood but the few times I've ventured out for Christmas light runs I typically take a blinkie for my backside. I scratch my head when I see people running or walking with traffic, especially the headphone ones. As a driver though I try to take extra precautions when approaching runners or cyclists.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

6 really humid miles this morning on the trails. 15 with a running buddy yesterday around the Battlefield. I have 52 miles the past 4 days, so taking tomorrow off.

Reenactment weekend is over. The North won again for the 153rd time. Now Bike Week rolls into Gettysburg. After that, we get our town back.

Fireworks postpones last night due to rain, so we're going to see them tonight. Music, beer and fireworks!

QOTD:  Always try to run against traffic when I can. Only time I can't is on some Battlefield sections that are One Way.  It always wigs me out a bit on those sections, since I know the drivers are looking out the side windows at the sights and are not paying attention to me or the road.  When I can, I run in the grass next to the road in those sections, but hat's not always possible.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

11.3 miles up on the mountain. Very humid, don't think a bit of the sweat evaporated. I'd stop and it would just drip off me like it was raining.  My total mileage hasn't been too bad the last several weeks, but I just realized that very little of it has been on the trails. Not good.

Muppy - Not good losing all that wisdom . Hopefully they give you something good for the pain.

QOTD: Sometimes I follow the rules, sometimes I don't.  I've seen people hit both going with and against traffic.  For me it really depends where I'm at. Leaving my house I have to go up a hill. At the top a vehicle coming toward me can't see me until they crest the hill. If I run against traffic there I'm asking to get hit or cause a head on if there is a vehicle coming up the hill behind me at the same time.  There I run with traffic. There are several other places that have blind corners with tall banks right against the road.  On those I will run against traffic going one way and with it going the other way so I can stay on the side where people can see me or I can jump down over a bank.  I chose based on line of sight and escape routes. Most of the time I try to run in the grass along the road anyway. It's easier on the feet and knees.  It also seems that sometimes drivers coming toward me when I'm running against traffic with actually misjudge how close they are to me. Several times thought I was going to get hit.

People that run on roads with headphones are just asking to get hit.  As a driver it doesn't bother me if I come up behind someone who is going with traffic. They just need to pay attention and I need to respect them.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran yesterday a wee bit over 8.  If I didn't have Jack with me I would have gone longer.  One of those feels good run.  Today hasn't happened yet..but will run after work.  Gym at lunch.

Yesterday QOTD:  We went to the fair grounds to watch them.  Cost us $20 each   I was like let's just sit outside the gate but the old man said screw it let's go in.  Between that and beer it cost us $70.  What ever happened to free fireworks?  Then I was making fun of my husband checking his phone by doing the same and proceeded to drop it into my full beer, pulled it our, dried it on my shirt and it still works and spilled very little beer.  Those iphone4 are sturdy!

QOTD:  NO, especially when I am on my road.  I zig zag back and forth across the street depending on whether a car is coming or what side the blind curve is on.  If the car is passing on my side of the road I usually stop running, pull the mutts off the road and hoover in the ditch, we have no shoulder.  On more straight roads I run against traffic and know to run stop signs.  In a busy city I run the sidewalks and wait for lights.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Yet another SRD. The plan is to start running again on Fri or Sat.

I had to take a quick trip to Seoul yesterday, 190 mph train to/from. When I got back home and was having something to eat we had a little earthquake.  It was about a 5 and located off the coast about 30 miles, but I was thinking that I wouldn't have wanted to be on the train doing 190 mph when it hit. Yikes.

qotd: Over here I always run on trails, sidewalk or hike/bike path. At home or traveling if I do have to run along roads, I always run against traffic unless a hill, blind corner, or no shoulder dictates.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL