Trailer Trash

Wildlife Photo Thread (Read 46 times)

Occasional Runner

Because we all live in different areas and we're outside enjoying nature more than most people, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can share pictures of animals that we've seen on our runs and hikes.

If you have them, share them here!

Occasional Runner

I see these all the time and never get tired of them. They live on a lot of the islands in the Great Salt Lake. Some herds are managed by the DNR and others aren't. I really enjoyed watching one of them maul an asshole race spectator at the Buffalo Run 100 earlier this year. These guys don't mess around.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wish I had some to share........ how close were you to that buffalo?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Occasional Runner

I wish I had some to share........ how close were you to that buffalo?

About 20 yards, which is as close as I ever allow myself to get. He was on the trail and wouldn't move, so I had to leave the trail and walk around him. They can be creepy animals.

Occasional Runner

I like this picture a lot.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I really like that last buffalo picture .

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You guys live in some awesome places.... just awesome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Occasional Runner

A moose headed to the finish line at the Speedgoat 50k. If she hadn't been running bandit, she would have beat Timmy Olson.

AT-runner

Tim

Saw this guy last March while running along a connector trail near Hilton Head Island, SC.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

The guy on the right caught himself a rabbit. So technically, there are 3 animals in this photo.

sugnim

I love this thread!  Lace: nice shot of the wolves!  Did you watch that wolf catch the rabbit?

Here are a few of mine.

A flock of Tundra Swans at Freezeout Lake, MT

A brown bear in East Glacier.

A marmot who hung out on a boulder that I was resting against while I tended some blisters.

A cute little snake.  I love seeing snakes in the wild!

A tiny shrew who would not be tamed near Grinnel Glacier.

Mountain goats!  Smile

Occasional Runner

Awesome pictures! They're coyotes, and yes, I saw the kill. They teamed up on it and it never had a chance.

I love this thread!  Lace: nice shot of the wolves!  Did you watch that wolf catch the rabbit?

Occasional Runner

Being stalked...

jonferg67

Endless trails

I don't have anything cool to add, deer is about it around here, but did see some

cool animals in CA.

I saw a coyote get a rabbit during a morning run too, it was awesome! He also stood

there watching me with a bloody rabbit hanging in it's mouth.

Sorry, no visuals.

Low_O2

Good idea, I love seeing critters when out for a run! I'll have to look back through my photos and post a few from some of my encounters.

Came across this old girl and her cubs on a local trail. Both cubs quickly climbed up trees, but she hung out to make sure I wasn't going to cause any trouble. Only about 20 yards away.