Trailer Trash

Sleepless Saturday (Read 31 times)

Occasional Runner

You should probably lend me your bike for the remaining 364 days. 

You couldn't handle it.

runtraildc

Settling in with a beer and very tasty pollo la brasa after a day outside, which included a fast 6 miles on flat trails.  Can't get much better than this, IMO.

mt: I don't have an answer for you, but I can relate, I've been out for just over a week. I've been walking/hiking, which doesn't really cut it, but at least I feel like I'm doing something. I've also resolved (for the hundredth time) to continue my leg/core strengthening exercises while I'm running so I have a better chance of staying injury-free. I feel like a drug-addict trying to live without my drug.

+1 on relating.  I just finished my 6 weeks of purgatory and am back running.  This was my longest break ever.    Yes, I did lots of cross training, but it became clear to me (and DH)  that I've become quite dependent on running.   My PT included a lot of strength training, which I'm definitely seeing the benefits.  My stride has adjusted somewhat for the better (and faster).  I also maintained a lot more conditioning than I thought.  Good Luck MTwarden!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You couldn't handle it.

I'm not a bad mountain biker.   I hear you're short, so your bike would probably fit me.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

I'm not a bad mountain biker.   I hear you're short, so your bike would probably fit me.

I'm the size of a tall woman.

Finished the Tyler Trail 10k in 54:20. I'm really sore. Haven't run hills like that since last year....but still managed to beat last year's time by about a minute. 2nd place AG, race report to come soon.

Sandy-2

Finished my 50 miler today. A little slow this year even with good conditions, but I'm ok with it. Finished in 11:08, a pretty squirly trail. My friend who I was helping do her 1st 50 miler finished in about 9:30 or so. I'll do a RR at some point.

tbd.