Trailer Trash

Wet and Wild Weekend! (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

Led my saturday group of mostly road runners on a trail run this morning. We almost lost a couple, but everyone eventually made it out smiling and happy (if not a bit bloody, bruised and muddy).  6.5 miles only, but I saved the hard hills for the end.   The bluebells are in bloom along this creek (branch) and they are absolutely stunning. Happy run.

Jon- It is so good to hear from you (though I'm sorry to hear about your depression- it's a beast of a disease).  -.

LB2

Hmmm everythig tasted so good in Colorado....were you taking part in some legal use of marijuana? 😉

Hahaha. No. I did not.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for five miles. Feeling crappy. Not sure if it's a cold or allergies. Going with the allergies at this time.

Jon - Really glad to see you back. Thought about you quite a bit.

NHLA - Gotta agree you do live in a very nice area.

LB2 - Glad to hear you had a good trip.  I know quite a few people who got into real estate sales as a second career. I'd love to buy, fix up and flip properties, but that's a good way to lose your retirement savings if the market falls at the wrong time.

NH - DW says the same thing about retirement. As long as she can keep me working she'll be OK .

AT-runner

Tim

21 miles on Cumberland Valley Rail Trail. Had to stop 7-8 times to dump tiny gravel out of my shoes. Forgot the darn gaiters. This was my second 3 run weekend and I'll probably do another one in a few weeks. Hope it helps for race time.

Watching the Masters all day now and relaxing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

20 mi to complete the b2b, no issues at all but I did take it easier than yesterday, about 30 sec per mile slower. It was a bit warmer and definitely more humid than yesterday.

Jonferg, welcome back!!  It is a beast, let's hope the trails work their magic.

Nice photos MT, amazing amount of snow left.

NH, careful not to rush it on the way back.

LB2, sounds like a nice visit.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

All you people and ur stinkin' long runs!!!!!  I am just jealous.  I got out this morning for 6.6.  Felt long to me. This afternoon, I got the pantry shelving done in our basement.  Yay!

Jon - great to "see" you back.  Also been thinking about you and how things are going.  Life is sometimes (well often really) like running.  One foot in front of the other.  Sometimes if slow is all you can do, you keep at it.

Warden - I think you are smiling in your picture! 

QOTD: What is this thing called retirement? Seriously I have no plan.  I pray that one of our kids is well off enough to help support us.  I do plan to spend the second half of my career teaching (college) and many professors teach into their 70's.  So I imagine that is what I will be doing.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm with you Mr. Jamie. It's taken me the last 3 days to run a total of 18.1 miles. Had a gorgeous day today for a 6.5 mile run on easy trails in VF. Lots of yellow wild flowers and hare bells in bloom.

qotd: retirement isn't so bad, working part time 8-12 hours a week, lots of free time to read and hang out on running forums, travel to national parks, run races all over the country.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I read today!!! So looking forward to more reading!!!   I also ran 12 today.... not so bad.

qotd: retirement isn't so bad, working part time 8-12 hours a week, lots of free time to read and hang out on running forums, travel to national parks, run races all over the country.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄