Trailer Trash

Sunny Saturday (Read 35 times)

runtraildc

Sunny here, though the cold and snow is coming....   a short 'instant' run this morning.  The thing about this streak is that I'm running everyday, but shorter distances and slower paces (if that were even possible!).  And my legs are fried.  Hopefully, my body will catch up soon and this is not a sign of aging....

have a good day, trailers!

qotd:  pass.

Sunny here too.  It was 35 F for our run, but will be dropping.

Despite begging off on yesterday's run Marley was fired up to go this morning. She was nudging my elbow when I was slow getting out of the car.  We did a fast 5 miles of trail.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Snow heading into S. Central PA as well.  I'm going out for 10 miles on the road.  I've been procrastinating all morning.  Why is it I never seem to procrastinate when I'm heading to the trails?  I can't wait for Sunday when I can get in the "gun-fire-free" woods.  So glad PA still has no hunting on Sundays.

Hope the racers are having a great day.

QOTD:  Does hunting season alter your running in any way?

Most of the trails I run are on State Forest land that allows hunting.  The area gets pretty congested during deer rifle season, so it's best to stay away.  The AT is supposed to have a "buffer zone" around it, but I've encountered hunters walking the trail before so now I avoid it for deer season as well.  I have no problem changing my pattern for 2 weeks while others enjoy their hobby, but since I'm on the road more, I seem to find excused to cut my runs short.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the bad news: we're  -19F this morning, the good news: Miles City where I was living up to this year was -36F this morning Shocked

SRD for me, I'm headed to Missoula this morning for the Grizzlies playoff game, kickoff temp is supposed to ~ 0- it will be a raucous sellout crowd and we're hosting Costal Carolina, it's going to be a little uncomfy for the Chanticleers.  Go Griz!!!!!!!!

qotd: I wear orange, that's about it; it also cuts into my running volume but I consider it cross training Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Uh oh... now what?

The morning 3-mile loop hoping for sunrise pictures; too cloudy to see the Cascades.

QOTD:  Yes.  We stay on the prairie or go inside the state park (supposedly no hunting in there, but we always see a few "Oh, I thought I was still in the county park" critters with rifles that are just goofy for the limited sight-distances here.  I even got told about being too noisy the other day.  I was clearing a trail-blocking fallen tree (chainsaw and so on).  I suppose I could have carried a beaver with me, maybe next year.

QOTD: Not much, since the trails I most often run are off limits to hunters any way.  Marley and I wore high viz vests last year on one of our favorite trails, but this year they redrew the boundaries and that area is no off limits to hunters.

All of the areas that we generally run are archery only where hunting is allowed, which makes me even less concerned.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

I'll get in something after work, depends how much time I have.

QOTD I stay out of certain places during hunting season, always wear bright colors. However like AT runner said, I see a lot of hunters on trails and places they shoudn't be too.

It's also a good time to explore new trails to run, a few days ago I was running around a lake, and ended up at Indian town gap national cemetery, (where some of my relatives are buried) ran through it a while. It's really a beautiful place with all the tomb stones perfectly aligned and US flags flying everywhere!

moonlightrunner

Working today....possibly a run in the cold and dark of night.

qotd: thankfully gun season here is over. I wear blaze orange

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

7.4 in Mercer Park with HATRs.  Lots of puddles to stomp through.  38 *F and clearing. 11.10 pace.  Had a few old faces make a re-appearance after being away for a few months. After the group run I continued a nice slow LR for an additional 10.2 exploring new trails .  Leisurely pace of about 16 m/m, except for pit stops, The Grinder (a REALLY twisty section of trail in a dense stand of young trees), and the last two miles when my legs quit.  First real LR after Stone Mill. total 17.6.

QOTD: I stay out of the parks if I know ther is hunting.  My hat is orange, and I'll usually have some horribly clashing clothes anyway.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

Enjoyed a nice 9 mile loop at Palisades Park.  It cracked me up when I got to the rock scramble part because I remembered the first time I ran that loop, I was very new to trail running, and I came home and asked the forum (I guess at RW) if traversing boulder fields counted as trail running...I recall being very disturbed by the 2X:XX pace through that section.  Now it's my favorite route.  Anyways, the legs felt great and lively and I really had a good time out there today.

Still planning on spending some time on the bike/rollers and some pushups.

QOTD: Hunting season had 0 effect on me this year.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 13 trail miles this morning, including a total rookie winter running move. I did

a 7 mile loop, stopped at the car and dropped off my jacket and gloves then headed

back out for another 8. Well, temps dropped a bit and I bonked which left me cold

and tired so I cut it short. oooooppps!

QOTD: I wear blaze orange. I came across a hunter this morning and stopped to

ask wear his buddies were, he pointed to the section I had just ran through. It still

baffles me that hunting is allowed in the same state park that hiking is allowed.

Hi all, haven't been around for several months, but this felt like a good day to jump back in. URD for me today--I was signed up for the Tecumseh Trail Marathon, but it got canceled due to a winter storm. Could have gone out and run anyway, but I'm giving myself a day to mourn. There will be other races and other shots at Tecumseh, but this would have been my first marathon and now I'll never know whether this me, on this day, could have completed it.

QOTD: Doesn't affect me. I run mostly in state parks, and they have designated hunting days when they close to the general public.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi all, haven't been around for several months, but this felt like a good day to jump back in. URD for me today--I was signed up for the Tecumseh Trail Marathon, but it got canceled due to a winter storm. Could have gone out and run anyway, but I'm giving myself a day to mourn. There will be other races and other shots at Tecumseh, but this would have been my first marathon and now I'll never know whether this me, on this day, could have completed it.

QOTD: Doesn't affect me. I run mostly in state parks, and they have designated hunting days when they close to the general public.

I don't believe this, just this morning I was thinking about the people that used to be daily contributors to

our forum and wondered were/how they were. You were the first person I thought of, good to hear from

you and glad you're still running.

Birdwell

I don't believe this, just this morning I was thinking about the people that used to be daily contributors to

our forum and wondered were/how they were. You were the first person I thought of, good to hear from

you and glad you're still running.

+1!!!!!

glad to see you're still around Majope!

Snow day for me, as in clearing driveways and sidewalks at home and other places. not sure how many miles it will equal out to, but it's a decent workout.

QOTD: Hunting season doesn't have much effect on me, other than friends who hunt asking me if I've seen anything good out and about.

Watoni

Nice run to get a break from work ... just under 10 miles, just over 1,000 feet vertical, just under 7:30 average pace .... ahhhhhhh

QOTD: Not around here ... in Sonoma to some degree.