Trailer Trash

Thawing Thursday (Read 36 times)

Hi all,

Got in 5.5 last night....felt more difficult that I expected but I suppose that's because I haven't been running too much lately.

Might do a "holiday lights run" around South Philly tonight with 150 of my closest friends Wink Did it last year and had a great time. Chris McDougall (of Born to Run fame) showed up last year...sandals and all.  The run ends at a bar, naturally.

QOTD: Nope.

My Blog:  trailsandcocktails.com

I Run for Oiselle

3/2/14:  NERRC Winter 10k 

3/30/14: Love Run 13.1

4/5/14: Tyler Trail 10k

4/13/14: Healthy Trails 5k

5/4/14: Broad Street Run 10M

5/9/14: Ragnar Relay Cape Cod

5/18/14: Dirty German 25k

Low_O2

4.9 miles around the neighborhood with the dog this morning. Getting closer to thawing around here, I think it was 25 deg when I headed out.

QOTD: No sleighs, but have been around a few horses.

sugnim

QOTD:  No, but my mom rode in a sheet of horse drawn plywood for a 1/4 mile when she was in labor, since it snowed the day I was born and our cars were snowed in.  Does that count?

That is so awesome!  I hope someone got a photo of that.

I have ATD (Attention Treadmill Disorder) and only got in 3 miles on the hammstermill.

QOTD: No

I have the same problem, made it  3 miles1 on Tuesday and that's enough treadmill for me for the year.

Got in 9 last night

QOTD I've never been on a horse drawn sled, just been on a horse drawn wagon.

Daydreamer1

Got out yesterday for a 6+ mile run. First time in quite a while. Won't get any miles in today as I'm on a 24 hour shift. The rest of the month should be better. Took my final Chemistry exam on Monday, got a "B" for the course. No more classes for the next 5 weeks .

QOTD: Never in a horse drawn sleigh. My grandparents were Old Order Mennonite so I got some buggy and wagon rides, including some in the winter, but never got a ride in a sleigh.

4/20/13 Hyner 50k

9/28/13 Bald Eagle Megatransect (Marathon)

XtremeTaper

No thaw here. Your post reminds me of being down in central FL last month when temps were in the 50's where I saw people bundled up in jackets and tights while I was cruising along the trail in short sleeves sweating my ass off.

Crisp and cold here today even during midday. I did a hilly 6 mile loop out on the road. A good plan to head out into the wind and finish the loop up with the breeze behind me. Felt downright tropical on the return part of the loop.

QOTD: Nope, never been on a winter horse drawn sleigh ride. A carriage ride in the fall in the Georgia coastal town of St. Mary's as part of a wedding celebration is the closest I've came to that sort of thing.

Trapped in the night, moving alone, caught in a world of glass and stone...

Down to skin and bone.

I'm doing nothing today...was at holiday party last night and have another tonight.

weather is thawing...

QOTD:  Hay ride...buggy rides, no sleigh.

Way Too Cool 50K 03/08/14

Sandy-2

Kinda mild over here in London this week.  Did an easy 4 miles around St James and Green Park this morning.  First run since the 100, felt ok.

qotd: yes one evening last winter in Norway. We had a bottle of Aquivit to keep us warm. Huge heavy duty sleigh, and even larger horses.

Hog's Hunt 50k, May 10 (maybe)

Bighorn 100m, Jun 20