Trailer Trash

Lightning Fast Weekendaily (Read 18 times)

Sandy-2

Ok not lightning fast, but I did have to dodge two cells this morning. One popped up behind me when I was a few miles out so I kept going out, then another popped up in front of me so I turned around.  Fortunately the first one had blown by.  The scary part was when I was crossing the causeway and I was the "highest" point for a while and running between two steel railings, yikes.

Oh yeah, I ended up with 12 miles.

Riders on the Storm kept running thru my head, yes this time - The Doors.

My DD is at a horse ride and they had to contend with the same storms late last night, very sad the horses panicked and bolted. She said at one point there were 25 horses running among the trailers.  Two were so badly injured they had to be put down. Less important, her car got run in to with major damage to one of the doors on the passenger side.

qotd: do you have a "junk" e-mail account. You know one that works so you can register for stuff, but you don't care if it gets hacked or filled with crap.  Yes, I have an old Yahoo address that I use. It gets filled with junk all the time, but who cares.

tbd.

NHLA

Sandy thats awful. Poor horses.

Sandy-2

Sandy thats awful. Poor horses.

Yeah, it really really sucked. The poor things is right, one of them was the one that my DD was supposed to ride today.  The horse's owner was right there and couldn't keep him from joining the panic. They're devastated.  DD told me that one person's horses on the other side of camp bolted and then other people's horses followed suit, in an instant there was a herd of them flying around.  I've been around when that happens and it's really tough to get those huge frightened beasts back under control.  Even worse at 10:30 at night, pouring rain, with thunder and lightening.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Spending the day at work arranging flights for people.  That's what happens when people can't drive their vehicles in a safe manner and turn them into scrap metal. They end up with a helicopter flight to the hospital .  Some times it pays to just slow down and arrive a little late rather than never.  But anyway no running is in the plans but with all the crawling through corn fields I've managed to get in 50% of my recommended daily activity.

QOTD:  I used to. Really should get one again. Years ago I had one because the kids weren't allowed to have their own and some of the stuff some of my co-workers were sending me was definitely not family friendly.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- scary stuff.  I've been around very frightened horses, not fun.

12 miles w/ about 2800' of gain; if all goes well will do the same tomorrow- we'll see 

qotd: no, but probably should

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Afternoon, folks. Got in over 6 this morning on the trails with the group. Good, hard hills and almost kind of too warm out. Then shoveled manure for the garden. Probably needless to say, but it's beer time while I surf.

qotd: I have a second, back up account, but I don't use it very often. I've found being aggressive about spam reporting and unsubscribing to ad mail works pretty good at keeping my account fairly junk free.

NorthernHarrier

Up at the shack to well, just be here I guess. Have to be back in Madison for a dinner on Sunday evening so I can't really get a whole lot done. Still winter here anyway. One of the roads into here is a real hilly, curvy blacktop road that winds thru the forest accessing lakes and cabins. If you have to run a road this is the one to do. I did 16 miles on it today. Saw another albino deer along side it a couple miles from my shack.

Currently got a fire outside going waiting for it to get just right for putting some burgers on it. Drinking some Spotted Cow as I patiently wait.

Not doing any maple syrup stuff this season as I have a ton already but I stopped by my buddy's place earlier today and he has 101 buckets hung. That is a ton for a little solo operation. That will easily yield well over 200 pints. 

Sandy--Sure sounds like a difficult ordeal. Very, very unfortunate.

QOTD-We have a few email accounts between the two of us but dedicating one for just that is a good idea.

LB2

We got those storms, too, Sandy. They came through about 5AM and moved on a little after 8. My brother and I made a quick hunt between cells. We killed two turkeys. It was quite a hunt. I ended up running/hiking/walking about 5 miles today.

QOTD: I guess my yahoo account. I don't even know what the password is anymore.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A nice 9 on my favorite trail...  planning another 8 today so I can go green..Jamie knows what I mean 

QOTd:  No but like DC said ever so often I clean it up so most of the stuff goes direct to junk.  If I have too many passwords now ...that I need to remember.

Sandy:  That really sucks about the horses...my friend rides a lot and has asked me to come but I am afraid of those big guys.  Your story kinda comfirms it.  I told her I would come if she had a 100 year old horse.  She said you can come and run along side if us. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Currently on my Tennessee road trip with my DS. I may get a run in before dinner, but then again maybe not, not a priority today.

Here is a photo of the aftermath of the horse running into my DD's car.  She was able to drive it home with the help of duct taping the door shut around the door post.  The horse is in the critical care unit, fingers cross for a full recovery.

tbd.

25.2 yesterday with about 4600' gain, 7.1 easy today.

Sandy, really sorry to hear about the horses.  Glad you made it through the storm okay.

QOTD: I was thinking recently that I need a separate email for stuff likely to end up creating junk email.  I hate the amount of cr*p that piles up in my junk email folder for my usual account, but have to scan it regularly since stuff I need sometimes ends up there.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR