Trailer Trash

Wonderful Weekender (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Congrats Queen!!! And Gatsby!

We need some race reports though.  I feel like it's been a while since we had any on here.

AT: Hope you kick this thing soon.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gatsby is a women AT. 

Is Jess in the kitchen cooking and singing?   That's what I picture..tell I said Hi.

Queen - Great job, and nice you got to see Gatsby, even if he didn't curtsy and kiss your ring.

QOTD:  DW saw a video on "Tasty" and so she's making Carne Asada Fries.  Looks good. We had then from a street vendor in Portland once and loved them.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Gatsby is a women AT. 

Is Jess in the kitchen cooking and singing?   That's what I picture..tell I said Hi.

Typo fixed.  I knew that.  Sorry,  Gatsby. Otherwise,  Margaret would be a silly name for a guy.   Plus I'm sick and typing on my phone, so I get a free pass.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Busted as both a lurker and a stalker... Queen kindly didn't act too creeped out that a random person accosted her at an aid station babbling about RunningAhead.  Forgot to curtsey, which might well have been possible at mile 13 but not so much after we finished.

Salmon Falls 50k was billed as around 3000' of climbing, but my Garmin reported 3700'.  Not bad in the bigger scheme of things but the hills were deceptive.  Biggest climbs were front loaded in the first half of the race but then the rollers just kept on coming.  Only flat part was the damn dam, 1 mile before the finish.   Lots of wet and muddy sections but the sun was out and people were having fun.  We did this within the first mile, with other wet and swampy sections interspersed with non-wet and non-swampy stuff throughout the day:

I'm not so good with dailies but I told Queen I'd try to check in more regularly and lurk a bit less.  Quick re-intro:  I'm Margaret, in Half Moon Bay, CA, a little south of San Francisco.  Run trails and roads, training for my 2nd 50 miler in April: Lake Sonoma 50.

QOTD: Food?  Hmm, bacon and eggs for breakfast, more bacon and salad for lunch.  Dinner TBD, probably something not healthy.  Plus beer.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR