Trailer Trash

Think "weekend" Thursdaily (Read 27 times)

some call me Tim

7 on the home trails, final race in the mile series tonight

(qotd)

Oh, Queen, kids can be a mixed blessing but that is a hell of a lot to give up.

I think a lot of the time we tend to think of things as sacrifice that haven't come back to us, yet, but then, sometimes they never do. I guess you only find that out once you make it to the end. I've sacrificed a lot to give my kids a stay at home parent and the sense of safety that provides and a lot to my wife who has some serious stuff to deal with that I won't go into. In general, I would say that the entire last four years of my life have been sacrifice. I wouldn't have picked this path, but still, I've grown a lot because of it.

And I found ultra!

Take care of yourselves out there :-)

Sandy-2

5 easy and flat miles this morning. In full taper mode, I feel like I could run through a brick wall right now.

We're going with a bunch of friends to the baseball game tonight (Busan Giants vs. Incheon Wyverns).  Both teams are squarely mid-pack, evenly matched?, so hopefully it'll be a good game.  Lots of international friends going so there will be lots of explanations of what's going on.  Should be fun, plus the beer is cheap.

qotd: We've moved around a lot for my job, but that was more of a sacrifice for my DW and kids, but it's been fun and brought us all together too.  I did sacrifice a promotion once by 'demanding' the company more us 'back home' once, took me off the company ladder fast-track for a while, but it was really good for the family at the time so kind of a no-brainer and I would do it again. I seemed to have recovered from it though and I'm still with the same company.  I'd also say that the DW and I certainly put the kids first in a lot of ways, but not sure that was/is really a sacrifice, just being parents.

tbd.