Trailer Trash

Working weekender (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

I was supposed to be off but for some reason I agreed to work 8 hours this afternoon. Furiously tying this out just to get the daily started.

Ran/walked 5.6 miles with DW. DS was doing the Hershey half today.   He admitted he was probably going to be doing a lot of huffing and waddling to get it done .

QOTD: Aint really got a good one but as I was here trying to pund this out one came to mind.

How fast and good can you type?

I failed 9th grade typing class . I type all the time and if get to 25 words per minute with <10% mistakes that's good.

Feel free to pick a better question.

muppy

6.6 miles in the drizzle last night.

Daydreamer, I’m work the weekend too, I’ll cheer your boy on from up the hill at the Hotel Hershey tomorrow, hope he has a good time!

My my parents walked a local 5k this morning and both took 2nd in their age group 70+, Im proud of them for getting out there!

QOTD I type pretty good on my phone, not so good on a keyboard though.

runtraildc

5 hilly miles with the group today. Nothing else terribly exciting around here today.

qotd: Functional. Did take typing class in HS, which really helped. Now they call it 'keyboarding' here.

LB2

Rest day but ran a total of 25 miles yesterday. Last night's 20 was pretty fast. 15 tomorrow before church. Cut grass and worked on that pew earlier. I hate that pew.

QOTD: I type pretty fast on a keyboard. I had the Typing Nazi for a teacher in high school. She was really a difficult person, but you knew exactly what you were doing if she was your teacher. I had her for accounting, typing, and Louisiana history. Honestly, I think you could take one full year of her accounting class and sit for the CPA exam and have a very good shot at passing it.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4 x .37 on Mt Joy, 4 miles total

qotd: at the end of clerk-typist AIT I could type 40 wpm on a WW II vintage manual typewriter.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Went down to Catoctin and climbed some big hills on the 50k course.  Weather was foggy and a bit humid.  It's been 2 years since I was on that trail and we got off trail only 1 time (which is good for Catoctin).  The blue blazes are mostly faded, and there are several "side trails" that really lead to nowhere.  At one intersection, there were no blazes to be seen, so we went one way for 1/4 mile, and still nothing. Turned around and went the other way and after about 200 yards saw a blaze.  So different from the AT or other trails I run where makings are prevalent. Ran 11+ miles then walked another 5 miles at Colorfest in Thurmont, MD.

LB - we caught up to 3 runners who were nearing the end of a 20 miler.  Talked to the guy in back (Brett) and he was doing his last long run before Pinhoti. He runs with VHTRC, which is a big trail group from VA.  His first time doing Pinhoti. Small world.

In the distance, one of the few clearly painted blue blazes. 

View towards Frederick, MD.

DW happy to be done with that climb. (Why do pictures always make trail look flat?)

Just a few people in Thurmont today.

QOTD:  I can 2 finger type with the best of them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.5 miles w/ DD and Tiny E yesterday evening- as you can see there is no smiling or fooling around for Tiny E 

nice, but chilly (mid 30's) run this morning- just under 12 miles with almost 3000' gain

qotd: not very good, never took a lesson- I can spell decently though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

DW and I went up to visit DW’s cousins in Dallas Fri and Sat.  Crazy times up there for the Red River Rivalry.  Anyway nice visit, no running.

I’m back home now and planning on running tomorrow morning.

qotd: pretty good I guess.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Working a lot this weekend. I have been so busy I had no time to run, but I hope to get out tomorrow.

QOTD: I can type very fast, essentially keeping up with someone speaking. In two languages. Only thing that bothers me is auto-correct (it usually wrecks more than it helps).

I learned the 10-finger system in middle school, maybe at age 12, and I have been using and improving it ever since. I learned on mechanical typewriters, that's why I put a lot of pressure on the keys, and I just can't get used to typing on my phone using just 1 finger (and teeny tiny keys). I love typing, so I usually post from my desktop computer, just so that I can use the large keyboard.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

29.4 pretty nice miles on the bikes. Nice fall weather. DS did his half marathon in 2:24. Not too bad I guess since he hasn't run more then 3 miles at a time since hector was a pup.  If the brat would only train a little bit .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice weather here as well, 60 degrees and sun- got 4.5 miles in with DW and Tiny E

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 3mi this morning. I’ve been in recovery mode so I’ve been waiting for my calf to stop niggling me, it’s down to a dull ache now so I figured I’d go for a little jog. Felt ok, not great.

Currently sitting on the plane waiting to take off, going to Hamburg this week. I’ll do some light running this week and then next Fri/Sat a few friends and I are going to do some hiking in the country side, nothing much though. I think it’ll be more about the beer.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

21 miles in Desolation Wildeness up in Lake Tahoe.... it was mistly power hiking.  should have gone the reverse directions.  It was warm and I was over dressed.  Pretty awesome looking up there.

Qotd:  i suck! I have to look at the keys..so maybe 25.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄