Trailer Trash

The Wednesdailies (Read 36 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm convinced I have a minor calf strain (grade 1, maybe), so I shouldn't need to rest it too long.

Thanks for the tips, folks. I haven't had a calf strain in years but these things seem to come up

right before an event, except for lace_up of course. Damn, I wish I knew that guys' secret; probably

something simple like 'just get the miles in' or 'it's just conditioning'.

Occasional Runner

except for lace_up of course. Damn, I wish I knew that guys' secret; probably

something simple like 'just get the miles in' or 'it's just conditioning'.

PED's mixed with some PBR's?

Or...maybe it's my recovery program?

It's probably just getting the miles in. And conditioning.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10 hilly technical miles, it was fun. Just a few spots of ice, otherwise just gorgeous, muddy, dry, earthy-smelling dirt, with lots of rocks and roots. Just the way I love it.

After we came back from the funeral in MD, DD got sick with a stomach flu, so I was glad to get a few miles in. I wanted to run longer and felt strong, but worried about DD and cut the run short. Fortunately it was just a 6-hour bug, she's much better now.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mt: I missed it...what is wrong with your heel?

I recall the onset but not the diagnosis.

Happy trails!

I have a stress fracture in my left heel- painful and slow healing thus far, funny how you take simple things like walking (or running) for granted

Hope your diagnosis is good, can relate to the disc- I suffered a neck disc injury a couple of years ago- it sucked!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am in Yreka so  yesterday I set off on a run, I am surrounded by hills and woods so thought I could run to the end of main street and head into the woods.  Did not happen 4 city miles.

So I looked at the maps and found the park in town and headed out on a run the next morning. I hit a gravel road and keep thinking it would take me back to the trail,,,I keep saying I will got to that point, when I got there I thought maybe the next point...the road seemed to be follow what the map showed, so maybe it's the trail..then I looked at my watch and said SHIT you can't go forward any longer as you have 4.5 miles to go back. So I turned and ran fast (it was downhill) missed the turn off, saw private property signed, turned around and got to my meeting in the lick of time. 10 miles

Sandy how do you find your trails on all your travels?

Here is what I saw (looked better in real life)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄