Trailer Trash

Sinister Night Run 54k RR (Read 33 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my RR from my race in AZ. As always, we had a blast down there. I knocked off a 5th place finish, struggled through the heat and was nearly attacked by a scorpion. Good times...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/05/sinister-night-runs-54k-sand-sun-and.html

Thanks for checking it out!

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly.  DW and I should check out one of their events some time.  Sounds like they put on a good race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Good race. Congratulations.

LB2

Low_O2

Great job fighting off the desert heat and creatures for a solid finish. Must have been too hot for a beer each lap, didn't notice any mention of the usual mid race beers... Do you or others ever run into any unfriendly rattlesnakes(or other dangerous creatures) out there running through the desert at night?

I'm looking forward to sampling some of the Aravaipa events, as we will be moving to the Phoenix area at the end of the summer.

Gator eye

That's one of the problems as you get old, you just don't bounce like you use too. LOL

Great report.

Sandy-2

I guess you didn't realize that that scorpion actually tripped you and was then coming in for the kill.  He's probably back in his scorpion den right now telling his friends about the "big one that got away".

Great job on the finish and thanks for the RR.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on another good one!  Hope you're healing alright.  You know, you would only need "Babes and Beer" if you took up barefoot running

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I guess you didn't realize that that scorpion actually tripped you and was then coming in for the kill.  He's probably back in his scorpion den right now telling his friends about the "big one that got away".

Great job on the finish and thanks for the RR.

He'll probably leave out the part about me shooting him right in the eye with my water bottle.

Occasional Runner

Congrats on another good one!  Hope you're healing alright.  You know, you would only need "Babes and Beer" if you took up barefoot running

It's a statistical fact that shod runners get all the babes.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

It's a statistical fact that shod runners get all the babes.

I buy that...numbers don't lie.  Running shoes will stay in the "Need" category.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, Kelly, on beating the heat and finishing 5th place!

Now to splash that scorpion is really heartless. Even if it's just a bug. On the other hand, if he had tripped me, I might have reacted in the same way. An eye for an eye, right? Sad thing is just, the scorpion has up to twelve of them. 

That second video clip of the model falling on the runway looks just like my most recent fall: high up in the air, turn belly down, then crash. Ouch.

Made me laugh again.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Yeah, that really pissed him off. When we used to live in AZ, I would find scorpions in the house all the time. When Jo and would come home at night, we would go from room to room and click the lights on so we could collect them before bedtime. I would gather them up and throw them into a desert habitat that I built inside a 10 gallon fish tank. They evidently don't play well with others and would spend all their time trying to murder each other. Over time, a dominant leader became apparent and he lived with me for about 3 years. A real survivor. I fed him lizards and we developed a pretty tight bond until his death in 2006. I miss that guy.

Watoni

That is serious ....

muppy

Congratulations on another nice race!

I know how those invisible rocks can trip, I caught one yesterday did a face plant. I even looked over the scene of the crime and there was absolutely nothing there to trip on!