Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

Daydreamer1

QOTD: I'm pretty geeked because I signed up for my "bucket list race" today - Megatransect.  It will be my furthest race ever run, and I have been eyeballing it since I started trail running 2 years ago. 

Ahh, I guess I forgot to warn you. This race is put on by a couple of maniacal directors who get perverse pleasure in your trail running suffering  .  Be prepared to be cramping and crying at the end of the day. The only thing that will keep you going is the thought of the beer and chicken when you get done.  Ok, Ok, I'm joking, kind of anyway.  It's a tough race, but a great one. Just don't slack off in your training.

And thanks for posting this. It served as a reminder that I need to sign up for the Call of the Wilds tomorrow evening when it opens up.

Ahh, I guess I forgot to warn you. This race is put on by a couple of maniacal directors who get perverse pleasure in your trail running suffering  .  Be prepared to be cramping and crying at the end of the day. The only thing that will keep you going is the thought of the beer and chicken when you get done.  Ok, Ok, I'm joking, kind of anyway.  It's a tough race, but a great one. Just don't slack off in your training.

And thanks for posting this. It served as a reminder that I need to sign up for the Call of the Wilds tomorrow evening when it opens up.

Don't threaten me with a good time Smile

I hear great things about Call of the Wilds... August is super jam packed this year with excellent races.  It was really hard to pick.  Fortunately a couple crazies I run around with are Mega vets and in again this year so I figure I can ride the coattails of their training to some degree. So looking forward to it though!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for 2.7 miles in wet & slick conditions.

QOTD: This ----------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBIo49GXFQY is my bucket list.

Have a great day night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

DS and I just finished his Winter Break diorama project (pic to follow), and it was a great experience and tons of fun for both of us. Definitely strengthened our mother-son bond, so I am hopeful I'll be able to motivate him to do a 5k trail run/walk with me and a friend from work (and her granddaughter) in May. 

No run today, as I vaguely remember having made bad experiences on icy roads a few years ago, which a large scar on my elbow still reminds me of. 

Martha:

Don't threaten me with a good time Smile

I hear great things about Call of the Wilds... August is super jam packed this year with excellent races.  It was really hard to pick.  Fortunately a couple crazies I run around with are Mega vets and in again this year so I figure I can ride the coattails of their training to some degree. So looking forward to it though!

Uhm... you might want to check out the RR's of the Call of the Wild and Eastern States here in the forum before getting too enthusiastic about it. 

QOTD: Hardrock 100, but chances of this really happening are low.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Here is the picture of DS's diorama (I can't figure out how to make it smaller from my tablet, sorry):

It is a minecraft scene, and DS did most of it himself, except the background, and some details, like enderman's eyes. We glued scrapbook paper, cardstock, or duct tape onto cardboard boxes, or assembled figures and some other props from small wooden blocks. DS painted enderman (the black figure) and Steve (the guy in the front minecart holding the sword) with watercolors, and he made the tracks and the torches all by himself. I helped with some assembling, like the zombie in the background minecart, enderman, and the roof over the house. The figurines can be removed, for playing, while the structures are glued to the shoebox. All in all, I was very impressed by my 6-year-old's creative talent and skills.

Run for fun.

Martha:

Uhm... you might want to check out the RR's of the Call of the Wild and Eastern States here in the forum before getting too enthusiastic about it. 

QOTD: Hardrock 100, but chances of this really happening are low.

Hey now, it's only January.  I have a solid 6 months before my enthusiasm turns into 

Cheers to you!

moonlightrunner

I ran it and finished. 50k. Undertrained in the freezing rain and snow. It took me a ridclously long time. Saw Eric there (gator eye). He was on his third loop...I on my second. He looked fresh as a damn daisy. I...did not.

I think I might die from pain before I can get a RR done.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Harrier neglected to mention that I had a little tug boat attached me and she decided that we needed to pick up the pace to the car.  I answer to the whims of my dog Smile

Congrats on the 50K, moonlight!!!!  Looking forward to that RR!  I personally don't do winter ultras, so good on you!

QOTD: I don't even know.  Lots of ideas, but I don't know if my body would cooperate.  Thru hiking has always been a dream, but I'm not sure if that's feasible.  I just want to get in some mountain running eventually.

Running is dumb.