Trailer Trash

Do you want another Hyner RR? (Read 38 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I won't apologize for the length of this RR.  It's been 8 months since my last race.  If you decide to read the full version, that is your choice. I tried to spin it in a humorous way - I hope that comes through.   Here is the long version: http://jamierunning4life.blogspot.com/2013/04/conquering-hyner.html

Short version:

Great event, my 2nd year for the 50k, finished 68/108 with a time of 7:36 - 43 minutes faster than last year.  Was a good day.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Great write up and beautiful pictures. I had thought about starting the 50k just so I could see that part of the course, but I didn't want to inconvenience anyone to get me back to the finish line when the inevitable drop would have happened. How did you like the Cascadia's?

Congrats on a very strong run. Any chance Rothrock could be next on your agenda?

Birdwell

Great report! I chuckled throughout.

those trails look like fun. Glad to hear you beat your main competition too Wink

runtraildc

Great RR, Jamie!  And be warned, I suspect your competition will be back next year with revenge on her mind!

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Great report Jamie....thanks for sharing!   I would like to put this race on my calendar in '14 or '15.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Wow, that's a lot of climbing. Great job, Jamie.

The pics really capture the elevation challenges. Thanks for the report.

dpc3

Great work and congrats on eating some time off!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, Jamie, you ran an excellent race!

I was not aware of the race between the two of us, and as my day did not go so well, I lost a bit of my competitiveness - otherwise, you would have had to look out for me at every bend and corner! Evil

Glad for you that you accomplished your goal and had such a great day. I think making peace with the trail, respecting and enjoying it, is the best way to beat that one.

Be back next year for another round! Big grin

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

Great report! Perhaps I'll make a go at the 50k course next year!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Congratulations, Jamie, you ran an excellent race!

I was not aware of the race between the two of us, and as my day did not go so well, I lost a bit of my competitiveness - otherwise, you would have had to look out for me at every bend and corner! Evil

Glad for you that you accomplished your goal and had such a great day. I think making peace with the trail, respecting and enjoying it, is the best way to beat that one.

Be back next year for another round! Big grin

I really wasn't paranoid or looking over my shoulder (much).  I figure if I finish near you, I have had a good day.  Maybe next year we can truly have a competition - all in good fun of course.

Daydreamer - I loved teh Cascadia's.  No blisters.  Felt great.  I just can't figure out my feet/foot issues.  I am sure they have little to do with the shoes.  I am not running Rothrock despite wanting to.  DW is starting a new job in May and working every other Saturday so June 1st is out for me unfortunately.  I really like that race.

Brian - the 50k is great because the trails are not crowded.  I will never do the 25k again for that very reason.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Brian Runner

Yeah, I'm not too big on crowds. I think Hyner is probably the biggest field I’ve ever been in for that reason. One of my friends always raves about the party atmosphere and all that, which is great if you are really outgoing which I am not. I’m more comfortable alone or in small groups.

Daydreamer1

Daydreamer - I loved teh Cascadia's.  No blisters.  Felt great.  I just can't figure out my feet/foot issues.  I am sure they have little to do with the shoes.  I am not running Rothrock despite wanting to.  DW is starting a new job in May and working every other Saturday so June 1st is out for me unfortunately.  I really like that race.

Brian - the 50k is great because the trails are not crowded.  I will never do the 25k again for that very reason.

I almost bought another pair of Cascadia's but decided on the NB 1210's instead. They worked out well for me considering they were right out of the box. I'm hoping I can run Rothrock at full speed to give them a good workout. Sorry we won't see you there, but I understand having to work weekends. I wanted to do Laurel Highlands 50k instead of Rothrock but DW works that weekend so I would have had to play around with catching the bus to the start finish line and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I almost bought another pair of Cascadia's but decided on the NB 1210's instead. They worked out well for me considering they were right out of the box. I'm hoping I can run Rothrock at full speed to give them a good workout. Sorry we won't see you there, but I understand having to work weekends. I wanted to do Laurel Highlands 50k instead of Rothrock but DW works that weekend so I would have had to play around with catching the bus to the start finish line and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Daydreamer...I'm running Laurel 50K and live about 30 minutes from the finish line.  If you are still interested, I can help you out with transportation and the like.....just let me know.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run, Jamie.  Rumor has it that you really wanted to beat Couch.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I smiled the whole time I was reading it.  Nice race, nice report.  I hope you can get the foot stuff sorted out.

**Ask me about streaking**