Trailer Trash

Welcome Weekend Fridaily! (Read 30 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wish I was going...I bet that town looks nothing like when I was last there in 92.

QOTD-- A trail half-marathon in Marquette Mi. tomorrow morning. Along Lake Superior and some of the climbs in the adjacent wilds. I have run some of those trails in the past so it should be a beautiful run this time of year.  Otherwise a little mtn. biking and a hike with DW thru a Hemlock natural area.  Perfect weather up here right now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Wish I was going...I bet that town looks nothing like when I was last there in 92.

It's about a two and a half hour drive for me so I only go over there a couple times a year but Marquette is a great U.P. town.  I think of you every time I go thru there. Going to school there had to be a good experience. One of my older sisters went there back in the early 70's. Horse and buggy days if I recall.   But yeah, it has evolved just a little.    When you were there did you ever hear of or check out the Eben Ice caves?  Went there a few years back and it was pretty cool.

Sandy-2

Sorry to have to report this....  the Busan Giants lost last night.  :-(   On the bright side all the expats in our group had a great time at the ballpark!!!! The zoo that are Korean baseball fans, which is just a ton of fun, didn't disappoint. The Americans were amazed, the Brits and Brazilians we're just very confused. The beer was flowing.

I'm planning on doing 5 miles later this afternoon, before getting ready for a party tonight.  Today I am packing my drop bag and running pack (with all the mandatory shit) for next week. I have to carry 2 sets of warm clothes and the low is going to be 55*F, I run in a singlet with 2 handhelds when it's 55.    Grrrrrrrrrr.  The high is going to be in the upper 60's.

Qotd: see above.

tbd.

some call me Tim

Late to the party as usual. 5 on the road this eve, group run.

qotd: Lots of manual labor, part of which includes battling more wild rosebushes. At some point I decided to try to complete the home trails before the weather turns. Then on Sunday a 5k (friend is the RD) held in conjunction with a Celtic festival complete with whatever they call that log and stone throwing competitions and MEAD. 2 mead tickets and festival entry complimentary with race registration! This is one of the few 5ks I've won, though I'm not expecting that to happen this year.

AT-runner

Tim

Well Mike, I don't think it can be Indian summer when it is still officially summer.   Just sayin'.

Haha. I had an older Mennonite patent chastise me for saying Indian Summer many years ago.  She said "you can't have Indian Summer until you had a frost!". I've never forgot that scolding she gave me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Late to the party as usual. 5 on the road this eve, group run.

qotd: Lots of manual labor, part of which includes battling more wild rosebushes. At some point I decided to try to complete the home trails before the weather turns. Then on Sunday a 5k (friend is the RD) held in conjunction with a Celtic festival complete with whatever they call that log and stone throwing competitions and MEAD. 2 mead tickets and festival entry complimentary with race registration! This is one of the few 5ks I've won, though I'm not expecting that to happen this year.

Blarg, we need some ground pictures of you trails.Sounds like an Herculaneum effort.

Sandy - Good, I had the Lotte Giants for $50.

NH - No comment on the Not Your Father' Root Beer mention I had? Isn't that a local beer? Hey where is Mandy?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We hiked alot and even went out to the ice waves bet never heard of Eben Ice Caves.  Wanted to do. Marquette race next year but another niece just got engaged so waiting to hear what when wedding is so I kniw when to come home.  Sad. Would love to do the 50 miler in August.

It's about a two and a half hour drive for me so I only go over there a couple times a year but Marquette is a great U.P. town.  I think of you every time I go thru there. Going to school there had to be a good experience. One of my older sisters went there back in the early 70's. Horse and buggy days if I recall.   But yeah, it has evolved just a little.    When you were there did you ever hear of or check out the Eben Ice caves?  Went there a few years back and it was pretty cool.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄