Trailer Trash

Woo Hoo Wednesdaily (Read 31 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

The humidity has broken! Not sure for how long.  It's going to get down to 58* overnight.  Should be a glorious morning to run tomorrow.  I got in 5 this morning.  Was nice out.

QOTD: Glasses? Contacts? 20/20 vision? If you wear glasses, do they bother you on your runs?

I have worn contacts for years.  I think I need to wear glasses more - I do a lot of computer work and think that the contacts are messing me up - getting headaches every afternoon.  I just don't know what it will be like to run with glasses.  Maybe I will flip back and forth between contacts and glasses.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning run was derailed by car issues and kid activities.  And I was all dressed and ready to go!  So, instead, I'll get in 5 miles tonight once I get in to Cleveland.  There are a couple of parks with some good trails by my hotel so I'm looking forward to it.

qotd:  contacts.  I wear my glasses rarely and usually at night, at home.  I cannot imagine running in them.  just what I'm used to, I guess.  DH had laser surgery earlier this year.  Based on his experience, I'm rethinking my resistance to it all.  maybe next year.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work.  What a beautiful day here!  I was actually cold on my way in.

QOTD: Contacts during the day and glasses when I'm settled in and home for the night.  I can't see shit without either of them.  I'm totally blind.  I've tried to wear my glasses during the day, but I just wind up with a headache.  I always run with my contacts.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Less humidity here as well starting last night. Even with temps in the upper 80's yesterday evening it felt much better out there for my run. Tried the standard out/back tempo/progression run on the rail trail and totally failed. Well, not totally. I did get my 8.5 miles in and I did put some effort in but I had no leg turn over or faster gear on the way back. Ran a slight negative split but it should have been a couple of minutes not 30 seconds!

Plan to hit the trails tonight for 6-8 miles. Should be nice I think.

QOTD: I run with glasses as I need them for distance vision. I can run without them but prefer the world not to be a blur. I use transition lenses, and a strap to keep them cinched on my noggin'. I buy a new pair of glasses every 2-3 years, then rotate the old still mostly functioning pair as my running glasses. Biggest issue is in the rain, or humid conditions where they get fogged or super sweaty. I can't stand the thought of contacts so I just deal with it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

sugnim

Well, it's still hot as hell here.  But that's OK; it makes swimming in the evenings that much more enjoyable.  4 miles yesterday morning followed by swimming in the evening.  No running today, but you can be sure I'll be in the pool this evening and then in bed early for tomorrow morning's run at 5:00 am.

QOTD:  I have awesome vision, so no glasses or contacts for me.  But I do wear sunglasses when I run.  I also wear them when I swim.  I'd wear them almost all the time if I could get away with it, but people at work might look at me strangely.

Morning, all. Got in another morning run today, a beautiful 5 miles along the river. I am really starting to get hooked on this morning running that y'all love so much.

I have ANOTHER frisbee game tonight (can you tell how excited I am Roll eyes) but the season is almost over and soon I can focus on running, exclusively. I'm getting resentful of how much time this "casual" sport  is taking up in my life (ultimate frisbee, not running.) Though some people treat it much more seriously, as evidenced by a screaming match during our game last night, all directed at a play I was directly involved in, though I did no screaming whatsoever. Trail running is just so much simpler, really. Can't remember the last time someone yelled at me on the trail, unless it was to warn me of something up ahead.

QOTD: Glasses, but only for driving and watching movies/presentations etc.

Chnaiur

I'm off to do non-running intervals. I need to rest me feel a bit before the planned 30-35-miler on Saturday.

QOTD: Lenses when I work out, glasses otherwise. I sweat a lot, and hate having drops on my glasses when I run. I avoid sunglasses whenever I can, too. For many many years I only used lenses, but these days my eyes really appreciate glasses more. So I use glasses whenever I can.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have ANOTHER frisbee game tonight (can you tell how excited I am Roll eyes) but the season is almost over and soon I can focus on running, exclusively. I'm getting resentful of how much time this "casual" sport  is taking up in my life (ultimate frisbee, not running.)

I used to play on a recreational soccer team for a couple of years.  I eventually quit so I could run more.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I used to play on a recreational soccer team for a couple of years.  I eventually quit so I could run more.

Interesting topic.  CASUAL adult sports.  Nothing casual about it usually.  I used to play in a church softball league years ago. I quit because people took it way too serious.  In my area there are adult kickball leagues and adult dodgeball leagues - both of which people take way too serious - similar to what TnC was saying - to the point of arguments and fights.  Yup - nothing casual about it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Helllllo trail people,

Got in 7 after work yesterday and a core workout.  My legs have that familiar "in training" soreness which I welcome.  I packed a trail bag for after work...I'll get 6ish today and some pushups.  I registered myself and the gf for a trail 5k that's local to me.

Qotd: 20/20 last time I got them checked but I fear that may change on the next visit.  I can see ok but not the loooong distances I used to see.

**Ask me about streaking**

Low_O2

3.3 miles around the hood with the dog last night. Not sure if it was the heat combined with a belly full of pizza or just tired legs still, but it was kind of a struggle.

QOTD: Neither for me. Vision is still good. Every time I see my wife messing around with contacts and glasses I am even more thankful that I don't have to deal with that stuff. Have been wearing sunglasses more often lately, but usually prefer nothing.

Interesting topic.  CASUAL adult sports.  Nothing casual about it usually.  I used to play in a church softball league years ago. I quit because people took it way too serious.  In my area there are adult kickball leagues and adult dodgeball leagues - both of which people take way too serious - similar to what TnC was saying - to the point of arguments and fights.  Yup - nothing casual about it.

Glad I'm not the only one,  Mandy and boyjame. My boyfriend loves it and I love some parts about it. Namely the exercise and the social aspect after. I could do without the competition, honestly. My favorite nights are Mondays, which are the "learning league" nights, and they are super casual, no fights, and people just out to have fun. The other nights can be really intense.  The one good thing right now is that it's forcing me to become a morning runner, which is awesome. My sleep is certainly lacking, however!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Glad I'm not the only one,  Mandy and boyjame. My boyfriend loves it and I love some parts about it. Namely the exercise and the social aspect after. I could do without the competition, honestly. My favorite nights are Mondays, which are the "learning league" nights, and they are super casual, no fights, and people just out to have fun. The other nights can be really intense.  The one good thing right now is that it's forcing me to become a morning runner, which is awesome. My sleep is certainly lacking, however!

I enjoyed the social aspect, drinking beer after games, and the general playing of the sport.  I did not enjoy 10pm Friday evening games, the male ego, and the sprained ankles.  It just got to the point where I felt like it was hurting my running, so I stopped.  (Although I do think it was beneficial as speed work.)  It was certainly nice to play indoors during the winter though.  My team is still around and I could sub if they needed someone, but my injury hasn't allowed me to do so yet.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Was laying in bed thinking about work,  not sleeping, not having good dreams, and not having sex so I might as well run.  Little over 5 with Earl.  Saw a gray spot on the trail in the distance and when I got to that spot a coyote was standing there.  I think he was waiting to get a better look at me.

QOTD: I wear reading glasses only but that really bothers me.  I have to put glasses on just to rad anything!!!  It's old age blindness so it is not something I have dealt with my whole life.  My running partner ran blind and often twisted her ankles, now she got contacts and can't believe what she was missing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

I will get in a run after this meeting somewhere in the Lincoln NF.

Sue you crack me up!

QOTD: I wear glasses while staring at my computer and reading, other then that I'm good.