Trailer Trash

Winter Wednesday (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes it's crazy the jump in money between my position and the next when we basically continue to do the same job.   it would have really helped my retirement.

That's 30k reasons to be upset! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

QOTD:  Ummm totally right now!  I know it sounds like sour grapes but I was up for a promotion and didn't get it.

Daydreamer1

For some reason the post above didn't take my comments

QOTD:  Ummm totally right now!  I know it sounds like sour grapes but I was up for a promotion and didn't get it.

This is what happened at my job as well. Had 8 people apply for a promotion to supervisor. Had two positions open. The one guy that got it is supported by everyone and is a good guy. The other one is a butthole that's  not just been fired everywhere he's worked but then flat out run out of town.  Total idiot who somehow got in with the former worthless manager who has since been demoted but promoted this guy before the demotion.  So far three of the people that had put in for the promotion have left in disgust. I haven't because I don't have to deal with him too much.  We've also had several other people who had not applied for the position leave over this as well.

AT-runner

Tim

Yes it's crazy the jump in money between my position and the next when we basically continue to do the same job.   it would have really helped my retirement.

That sucks!

Did they catch wind that you might be leaving in a year? If so, they might have passed on you for longevity.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well this was about 2 years ago and the only person who knew my retirement plan was her.  no she got it because she is fun.  Our director who promoted her said to me about a year before hand...."Why do you care so much it's just government work!"

That sucks!

Did they catch wind that you might be leaving in a year? If so, they might have passed on you for longevity.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4 miles today. I tried some 200m strides, but stopped after 4 because my hip/butt started to hurt. It's still progress since I was able to get back to 10:00 pace, even if only briefly. Sitting here now it's not a bother.

qotd: Not so much now though I did threaten to quit when I was getting scheduled for shifts I expressly had said I didn't want. I had more issues when I did a lot of programming and had to clean up after slopping coding by other programmers.

Just finished watching Tora, Tora, Tora.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.