Trailer Trash

Whens-daily? (Read 50 times)

Daydreamer1

Another day of rest while I let my ankle heal. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the elliptical by Friday and maybe a short walk/run on the road on Saturday.

QOTD: Next up is supposed to be Hyner 50k. I'm still planning on starting it but finishing with this ankle is somewhat doubtful.

Snowdenrun

Got in a nice 5.5 miles yesterday on the very familiar trails behind my house. Ended up turning into fartleks, which I always have a fun time with. It felt really food good to stretch my legs and go fast! It's been a while since I've really moved. Hoping for 10-ish miles today.

QOTD: My next, and also first race will be the Sitka Cross Trail Classic Marathon, at the beginning of August. I run portions of the Cross trail almost every run and the town is roughly 14 miles long divided into two main roads, so I'll know the course really well.

AT-runner

Tim

At - that half marathon - that is in the same area of the iron master's right? I can't remember the name of it and I am too lazy to go look.  Something something burn...right?

Jamie - Buck Ridge Burn. Come on down.  It will be good a training run for Hyner.  It runs some of Ironmaster course, but comes down the big hill (900' in about a mile) from Hammond Rocks instead of going up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 or 9 miles around and over the mountains with my buddy. It was really fun, although it was very breezy and cold, all trails runable, and even a nice, swampy stretch in between. Finally it seems almost all snow is gone now.

XT, DD1: A rolled ankle is always great. Enjoying it here, too (and hoping it will clear up before the Hyner 50k in less than 3 weeks). It hasn't been really painful since I rolled it, but today it is hurting pretty badly after the run. WTH??

TT:  I love those Afghan hounds, always wanted to own one. Although, when I think about what that dog would look like after a trail run with me, through the mud and burrs... maybe not.

Sandy: I am not sure what I'd prefer right now, freezing cold mountains, or muggy flats. I might actually opt for the heat, I'm so done with that cold.

Run for fun.

ultratom80

Good Day! Did 6.5 this morning after doing 7 on the trail last night.

QOTD: OSS/CIA 50 Miler in June.

Watoni

Hopefully cycling today (oddly left knee is a bit stiff, so cycling is easier on it). Hopefully a solid run tomorrow (and Friday).

QOTD: Lake Sonoma 50 on April 13th

Ultra Cowboy

Will you be coming up the night before?  Stay in Santa Rosa?

QOTD: Lake Sonoma 50 on April 13th

WYBMADIITY

Save

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie - Buck Ridge Burn. Come on down.  It will be good a training run for Hyner.  It runs some of Ironmaster course, but comes down the big hill (900' in about a mile) from Hammond Rocks instead of going up.

Yes that is the one.  I knew Burn was in there.  I wanted to run that last year but didn't.  Unfortunately it falls on DWs bday so it's a no go for me.  But have fun if you run it.

And what is up with everyone rolling their ankles?!? Stop it! Stop it now!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Seriously! This madness must end.

moonlightrunner

Hello all.  Looks like you are all putting in some nice midweek runs.  Tonight I am headed out to my usual trail and plan to run the loop twice. That will be my longest run since I started running again.  Not much....probably a total of 5 miles...but I don't know for sure.  One thing I know for sure...no matter what the weather (and it is cold here....still) it is a beautiful day when I get out for a run.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

USMCtq

I had to take it easy on my mileage last week due to a rough rolled ankle two Sunday's ago during a soccer match. I did 4 miles with DW last night and today is just going to be 2-3 and then I have reserve duty tomorrow until Sunday which always puts a hamper on my running. I was supposed to run my first 50k the first weekend of May which also was going to be the first ultra my hometown ever had but as I said Marine reserves puts a damper on things and wouldn't let me out of drill the weekend it was scheduled. So now I'm in a few road races (5k, half, 10k) with my wife and hopefully more trail races in the summer/fall.

Snowdenrun

I rolled my ankle about 6 times on one run the other day. All I easily recovered from but at one point I yelled at myself "Damn it Michelle, pay attention!" Then I tripped over a tree root.

Ultra Cowboy

I rolled my ankle about 6 times on one run the other day. All I easily recovered from but at one point I yelled at myself "Damn it Michelle, pay attention!" Then I tripped over a tree root.

I do this too!  But I don't call myself Michelle...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Sandy-2

I do this too!  But I don't call myself Michelle...

+1

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Droped my car off at the mechanics, and ran home. Was quite invigorating running into 30-40 mph winds the whole way ( I'm a voluptuous 230 and almost got blown over a few times)  was a good run of 5.2

QOTD next weekend I'm doing the Hershey 10K, it's a nice little race that goes around and through Hersheypark, which is cool because I used to work there and even met my girlfriend there.