Trailer Trash

Hyner Weekender (Read 21 times)

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Going to head out for 5.2 miles. Considering the occasion if I did have to work I'd saddle up the bike and do 52 miles but just don't have the time.

DS finished Hyner with a time of 5:05. Not too bad for barely running and not doing any trails since last September . If I could just get the kid to train he might actually be pretty good.

NHLA - Looks like that bear could pawlm the ball. Wonder if he could dunk?  Looks like he/she was having fun.

A few pictures from Hyner, all taken from FB.

Image may contain: 13 people, people standing, crowd and outdoor

The mass start showing the diversity of the people that run that race. Don't think I've ever been to a race that has a more diverse crowd show up.

Image may contain: 6 people, people standing, outdoor and nature

They even let some chubby looking dude in red shorts with no evidence of a water bottle run the race . I should talk to him about proper hydration but he doesn't listen when it comes to nutrition so why bother.

My 30k ended up being more than 21 miles...and the extra three weren't really worth it... I got first in the old lady category ..I'll do a mini report when I go to work so I can post pictures...many beautiful views on the run.  

Have you seen this blog post, called "Trail & Ultra Liars"?  In pertinent part: "First of all, a trail run that is pitched to you as a 10k will range anywhere from 7-15 miles long, a 25k can be as long as a marathon, a 50k is just a best guess, and anything over a 50 miler is just an arbitrary number which has no relevance to distance."  Here, for anyone interested: https://www.liftheavyrunlong.com/trail-ultra-liars/

Spent the morning cheering at a local triathlon.  Makes running (and running events) seem so simple!  Swimming, transitions, bikes, helmets, bike shoes, running shoes, caps, goggles, unitards (I'm sure there's a more official name for that garment), numbers tattooed on your body...  We have any triathletes here? Can't imagine training for something like that.

Daydreamer, well done to the chubby guy at Hyner!  He has youth on his side, he doesn't need hydration or nutrition.  

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR