Trailer Trash

Wild Wednesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

I ran an easy 3 this morning after a fast 4 yesterday evening.

QOTD: Mileage for August?

75. Crap!!!

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

A few road miles over lunch are planned.  Not sure where yet, but there aren't as many tourists, so maybe the Battlefield.

QOTD:  Yesterday put me over 200, and with today I should be around 206 or so.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

7 brisk miles on the easier side of the lake last night. Pleasant conditions. Warm and summery still but not overly humid. Guess what... the plan is for 7 trail miles tonight as well.

QOTD: I am sitting at 234 right now so I should end up with 241. Long runs took a break in August. My longest run was 12 miles, though I did run every day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Did 6 yesterday and planning to do 5 later if I can find the time.

We're doing some things around the house and staying at a local hotel for a little bit, so things are crazy at the moment.  We also uncovered a clogged and leaking AC drain that was supposedly fixed 3 months ago. I was up in the sauna (I mean the attic on a summer day in TX) for a period of time yesterday a sweat fest.  So a parade of plumbers and a sheetrock guy is also going happening over the next day or so.  Our new refrigerator is arriving tomorrow (our DD took our old one with her to her new place). Welcome home indeed.

The good news is that the company pays for hotel and living-out expenses for a while until we get settled. But still, we hope to get out of the hotel tomorrow.

qotd: I think it will be about 200 miles, gotta find my calendar (log) that is in a suitcase somewhere.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

dpc3

Morning folks run cut short again so I only did a bit over 3. Will run again while DS is at soccer practice.

QOTD: 152 with a big month in Sept.

Daydreamer1

Went up on the mountain and got in 9.3 miles. Almost all uphill or downhill. Kept playing "Cover of the Rolling Stone" and "Sylvia's Mother" by Dr Hook as well as "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks over and over in my head . Temp and humidity started rising toward the end but overall it was a decent run.

Sandy - Was the sheetrock replacement due to the A/C drain being plugged?

QOTD: 101.1 miles.  After Montour 12 hour I cut back some then once we got into August the heat, humidity and some other things just conspired to cut my miles wayyyyyyyy back.  Amazing how fast I loose my running fitness.

some call me Tim

Good morning!

Impromptu wide open day, so I'll run 10 or 12 in a bit. August has been solid- 167 and about 12,000ft of vert which is about twice what I usually get... gotta keep that coming!

muppy

10.1 trail miles yesterday.  Was planning for more but my legs were spent so I cut it short.

QOTD  170.1  miles  which is very surprising considering that I moved to a new house, been working seven days a week, and for the last three weeks I've been getting up at 4:50 every morning to go walk my dad's dog for 2 miles.  The quality of my problems today is greatly improved over a few years ago!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Five this morning with the dogs...heel painful until mile 1. something and then a dull ache.  Dogs wanting to stop and smell and pee on everything so Mommy was a bit bitchy!!  Too many people walking dogs... then two gentlemen were very nice to me and it changed my total mood. 

The other day I had 20 minutes before 8 am so decided I had time for 2 more miles.. ha ha when was the last time I actually ran under 10 minutes a mile!!!  Well today my watch got set to pause when not running and I actually do run less than 10 minute miles when I am actually running!!

QOTD:  138.8 again missed my 150 mark.   oh well still have sept, oct. nov, and dec to try for a 150.

XT: Man consistency pays off in the long run...plus I can't believe you ran everyday in August right after running a hundy!

Sandy:   so let me get this straight; your out of your house for 2 years, return home and move into a hotel so you can work on the home???

DD:  Hate when I have a song stuck in my head on a run...I usually don't know the words and repeat the same line over and over!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I took off another day yesterday.  Trying to listen to my body.  I plan on getting in a few miles later....maybe.

QOTD: Sitting just below 175...should be close to 180 by night's end.  I meant to cut back slightly in August on mileage but I actually increased....

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intervals were a little quick this evening, closer to 5K pace than 10K pace with only 100m recovery so I only ran 4 x 1000m after running 10 miles last night.

QOTD: August mileage 151.3.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

QoN: yeah it sounds crazy but there are some things to consider. The biggest one is our DD was staying in our house while we were gone (need I say more?)... Anyway, she has a cat, and I'm highly allergic to cats, so we had the place professionally cleaned top to bottom, including carpet cleaning before I could move in.  Turned out great, no allergic reactions at all.

We also had some other things done after she moved out and before we could move in. That included some appliance upgrades.

Daydreamer:  Yup, sheetrock following the overflow. that's when we also found out that the previous fixed leak was not totally fixed.  The sheetrock was fixed already while we were gone but it was a crappy job so we were having it redone (and found the new dripping).  I'm having this guy do it because he can match the surrounding texturing, I can't do that.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL