Trailer Trash

Winter Soltice Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the shortest day of the year- yeah   my snowshoe run yesterday evening was a bit challenging- sleet that eventually turned into snow, high winds and then near white-out conditions with my headlamp on, the good news is that the snow is firming up, enough so I'll be out of snowshoes soon and into microspikes

shooting for 5-ish this evening

qotd: if it was up to you would you add an hour of daylight to the morning or evening?  this time of year I would go evening, hour in the morning wouldn't help much for running for me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Will do 5 after work today.  I need to put in some extra miles this week since last week was a bust (I mean a cut-back week) and I ended up with a total of 15 miles last week.  I think I better start calling my marathon next month a "training run"  .

Today is my last day in the office for this year!!!!  Of course the phone and e-mail will never be too far away, but things certainly do slow down.

qotd: actually this time of the year with the shorter daylight hours I think it's ok, if it's pushed back for the evening light then the mornings would be dark until too late.  In the summer with the longer daylight hours I do like the shift to have longer evening light.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Got in 10.9 miles last night running around Fort Indiantown gap Army base.

QOTD I would like an extra hour of light in the evening.  I get off work at 3:30. Until I get somewhere to run at 3:45 to 4 o'clock I finish a lot of my runs in the dark.

Daydreamer1

Feeling a little sore and achy yesterday and this morning.  Not sure if it's soreness from the gym since I've been lifting quite heavy with my upper body workouts or it I'm getting sick.  At this point I'm leaning towards it being from the gym since it's mostly my upper body.  I was planning on heading off to the gym and if I do I'll just spend a lot of time on my lower body and abs and do some rowing and a 1/2 hour  on the bike.

I really need to get out and run in the cold but I had sworn I was going to take a full two week break.

QOTD: If it was up to me I would stay on daylight saving time all year long.  I'm not a morning person so I really want the extra hour in the evening, especially this time of the year. Always like to see the shortest day of the year come so we can start getting more light in the evening.

AT-runner

Tim

Brought stuff for a run at lunch, but might do paper work and eat cookies instead. We've had way too many cookies dropped off at the office and I need to do my part in eradicating them.

QOTD:  Morning light is better for me. I'm not a morning person and it's harder to get motivated when it's dark outside.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in a very short and pissed off treadmill run last night. Pissed because I was on the treadmill, and I had the crappy earbuds which are essential for the treadmill. My good earbuds mysteriously disappeared. Stuff like that happens a lot in my household.  There are a couple of possessions I would like other family members to consider 'sacred': my earbuds, my running socks and my preferred water bottles (which they all state they don't care about, but I see them bypass the cheap ones to grab mine-- same with the socks ).

Finished xmas shopping this morning and planning a swim practice run tonight- 5 or 6 miles.

qotd: in the evening. I like the winter solstice so now I can think of the days getting longer.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got a we bit over 5 with my muttlies this morning.  The old man is gone so getting out of bed is a bit easier plus I go to bed earlier too.  Routine without him is get up, have a cup of tea, feed the dog, walk around a bit picking up the house..this all warms up the ankles making the run less painful.

My father-n-law found out today he has colon cancer.  He is 82.    Cancer is never good but I hope this all goes smoothly for him.  He first told my husband he wasn't going to have the colonoscopy and just let nature take it's course.  Mike told him to have it done and maybe it was something simple like polyps but at least he would know.  So I don't know what he is going to do now. 

QOTD:  Morning Mike!!!  I need it in the morning!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Sorry about your father in law, Sue.

I'll run something a little later. I have some errands to run in town.

QOTD: I would prefer them to just leave the time as it is now, no "fall back", no "spring forward". Just let the clock go and keep on moving. The clock movement really screws up my turkey hunting in the spring. In the early season, the sunrise it too late for me to do anything before work, and in the late season, I end up getting home after an evening hunt after 8PM. Sometimes, it is after 9 if they fly up too close for me to move, and I end up having to crawl out of the woods after dark. I won't shoot one off the roost, so once they fly up, they are safe with me.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Eating cookies and doing paperwork will have to wait until later.  Went for a quick 4 miler over lunch.  Felt really good for a change.

Sue - Sorry about FIL.  At 82, it depends how far along he is and at what stage. Sometimes the surgery and recovery  is worse than the disease. Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

6-ish on the TM today.  Warming up a bit so looking forward to running outside for the rest of the week.

QOTD:  morning daylight is better.  I work until 6 or 7 and never run in the evenings, so evening light doesn't make much difference and morning light is more valuable.

LB2

I ended up with about 4.5. It was a route I haven't run in awhile and was more cross country than trail. That was hard and hilly.

LB2