Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 29 times)

Sandy-2

I told my parents only half of the story, I did not want them to get too worried.

FTYC, funny about the similar 'games'.  For us there was another reason for not telling our parents.......  didn't want to get in trouble !!!!

I guess there is another thing I should add about our situation, the pool was filled with water but since it was an old abandon pool, the water was totally black with zero visibility.  It also had all sorts of crap like old bicycles, logs, rocks, cinder-blocks, mud, etc. that "the kids" threw into it over the years.  If my friend went under too far we never would have been able to find him.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

I was traveling home from Colorado yesterday and I missed the daily but wanted to respond because of the QOTD.

I've tried really hard to save 2 peoples lives. Both were friends and coworkers back when I was working in the mining industry. The incidents were EXACTLY 3 years apart. I gave CPR to my friends for a long time, but neither were able to come back. Even while doing CPR, I knew they were gone, but it's hard to stop working on them before an ambulance arrives.

When I worked in the mines, I saw 7 deaths. 5 of them were so violent, there was nothing to do for them. But the other 2 might have had a chance.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Holy crap! More stories than I could have imagined.  Could have used a little more detail from MTWarden...just sayin'

DD or OBmedic - ever deal with a person on K2? That crap makes people do some crazy crazy stuff!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

OBMedic - Paramedic

Jamie - Yea, the K2 and other forms of spice are fairly popular right now.  The chemists are really cooking up some interesting stuff these days.  I actually hate when I hear it referred to as "synthetic Marijuana", since people react totally different on the synthetic stuff.  Can't really figure out why people want to take something that makes them go berserk .