Trailer Trash

Hello Thursday... (Read 29 times)

Daydreamer1

Checking in from beautiful Waterville, PA. The place where the population triples when Eastern States 100 and Call of The Wilds comes to town. Well maybe that should be quadruples . Nice area but not much here. At least the campground, Happy Acres Resort, has WiFi.  We got in a few miles of biking on the Rail Trail this afternoon.  Lovely day although it was a tad warmer than I like.

QOTD:  I don't really like the "looking good, nice job" comments. Often times I'm not doing so well and I'm feeling the best. A simple casual greeting would suffice.

But there is one thing that irritates me much, much, much more. That is off camber trails that just run on and on.  I get it that I live and run in PA. and most of the races I do are very mountainous and nothing is level or flat, but some of the "trails" are just weedwacked and cleared with a leaf blower the week before the race. Instead of going up or down the mountain they will simply go along the side and blow a path. Since this will be where no trail previously existed there will not be a worn path and your downhill side leg may be striking 2-5 inches lower then the uphill side. After 8-10 miles of that my knees are shot.  There are several races I won't do because of that.

Sandy-2

Hello.

Thursday evening I did 5 mi after work, then this morning (Fri) I did 17 mi.  Today is a holiday here so no work today, yay!!  (They are celebrating 70 years since they gained independence from Japanese colonial rule, Japanese ruled Korea between 1910 - 1945, WW2 ended it.)  Ever wonder why Koreans have a love/hate relationship with Japan???  Comfort women is just one issue, albeit a huge one.  Enough political history, my runs were pretty good, but the last half of today's run was a very steamy slough-fest.

qotd: I hate it when people carry s-caps in bottles without cotton and they rattle around all the time.....   LOL !!!  I also hate it when people carry handheld lights and proceed to swing their arms and shine the light all over the place, trees, trail, side-to-side, etc., makes me seasick.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

DD1: brace yourself for some slanted trails. I am not so sure about the first part, but I remember the middle miles of ES100 had long stretches of slanted, go-around-the-mountain miles, usually with a cliff or drop off on the lower side. That's when you start appreciating nightfall...

Sandy: Agree. As if 10 hours of light bubble weren't enough to make you seasick.

Run for fun.