Trailer Trash

Humpdaydaily (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Got a nice run in yesterday, despite the 80 degree heat- much of the run was in the timber or shade so wasn't too bad.  Going to try and get another 5-ish in after work and incorporate some strides towards the end.

qotd: if you had to move, where would you like to go?  I've always enjoyed the Pacific Northwest- cool, rainy, but never crazy cold- lots more people to deal with, but there are some smaller towns tucked in here and there

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in just shy of 7 miles last night. It was a good run. And then I super frogged!   I am off soon to State College and after my work stuff I hope to hit some trails in Rothrock SF.  And see Marie at some point.

QOTD: On the east coast probably the mountains of Virgina. On the left coast probably like you warden - the pacific NW.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I'm a bump on a log.  I guess that's called recovery or something.  I'll walk the dog again tonight, but that's it.

QOTD:  The cost of living is too high in California, otherwise that would be on the list.  The PNW sounds wonderful in a lot of ways, but I don't know how I would do with the constant gloom and rain.  I like sunshine, so I gotta go with either Colorado or Arizona.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

We will call it 6.5 miles last night on the trails of Warwick Park. I need to figure out a way to extend my loop there to more like 7 miles. I added in a segment last night but based on overall time and perceived effort it wasn't enough. There is one more loop I can add I believe to make it closer. Next time. Oh, and French Creek crossing was very low. First time I ever could use the rock crossing to keep my feet dry.

Today will be planet of fitness at lunch and a mix of road/trails from home in evening.

QOTD: Hmmm. Might just stay here in southeast PA! But we've considered northern GA. Maybe check out the mountains there. I was impressed with Bend Oregon but pricey I believe. I know many of the trail systems are not accessible for trail running until the summer, and since I am not a snowshoe runner or skier, that could be an issue, but there are some desert trails nearby as well that I suspect would be good for winter running. Bend gets a lot of sun too, so not the grey depressing PNW experience!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

I'll get in 7 at tempo a little later on. Jamie, glad to hear it's going well!

qotd: There are so many places I'd love to live but have no knowledge of.. in terms of places I've visited, the winner is definitely AZ. Probably up the Colorado Plateau like Flagstaff or something, but I enjoyed the desert heat around Tucson just as much, and I always went in August.

muppy

5.7 miles  around town.

I'm doing blues Cruise this weekend and  my legs feel dead.

QOTD  I would say either the Southwest Or Pacific Northwest so I could run through the Sequoia trees.

AT-runner

Tim

No time at lunch, so looks like I'm running with the Beer Vodka Runners tonight. Start and finish at a Distillery tonight so not technically a beer run.

QOTD:  Depends on where the first grandchild is born. That may be Portland area, and if we had to do that I'd pick Hood River.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

A nice little run this morning before daylight. It was, again, muggier than forecast, but the cool weather in coming.

QOTD: Geez. That is a hard question. I can narrow it down to two different places:

1. Northern Alabama: The cost of living is very reasonable; you pretty much get all four seasons with the occasional ice storm thrown in for good measure during winter. The turkey hunting in Alabama is just about as good as it gets, too. There is a decent amount of public land, but there is a lot of hunting pressure. But there are lots of areas that are very difficult to get to, and you can get away from people without too much trouble. And the Pinhoti trail is really the only trail I need. And it is long.

2. New Mexico: NM has a pretty reasonable cost of living, too. There are trails up in the Gila that can take you for as far as you want to go with very little traffic. I think I would want to be in the Silver City area. The Gila is about 3 million acres of mountains with turkeys, elk, deer, and trails. The Continental Divide trail passes just north of town, but there are other trails that will take you deep into the wilderness area. I killed a turkey just off the CD trail when we went there in 2014. I just love that place. The hunting pressure in NM in the spring was a little more than I expected, but they stay pretty close to the roads. The country is rugged, very rugged.

North Georgia gets an honorable mention, too. I really like the area around Blue Ridge.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ my DW and spent a week backpacking in the Gila and a couple of nights in Silver City- definitely a nice area

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 easy after work today.

Thanks for the nice comments on our DD, she's having a great time.

qotd: I think I'd like to give Colorado a try.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

DD decided that she was going to do some hiking on the AT. She doesn't really have any friends that are interested in hiking with her so she was going to go by herself. This morning she left and about 15 minutes later called me all upset. She had drifted off the road on a corner and struck a guardrail . She's not hurt but it took a big chunk out of my day, she's not getting to go hiking and the car may be totaled depending on any frame damage.  Not a good day so far.

Going to try to get in 6 miles on the road before work.

QOTD: DW and I just had this conversation this past week.  If I had to chose right at this moment I would say the PNW. Nice scenery, snow, beautiful trails, close to places like Idaho and the western mountains.   In the end though if we had time to consider all the pros and cons I suspect we would end up in east TN.  This would be due to closeness to family, overall climate, scenery, jobs etc. I would also have to consider Arizona. I still do enough hunting that access to hunting lands would be a big determinant.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got a little 4,7 this morning,,, it was hard. When life throws u a curve ball sometimes the training gets waylaid.   Hmmmm about 2 more weeks until I hook up with AT in Utah...not too worried becuase I am really going going fir the beauty.  They may call it a race but I am going to stop and catch the views.   My beer Mike training is still going strong though...

Qotd: that's what we are debating.  Where we live now us great but lack of wAter is killing the forest and the fear if fire sucks.  I want to go back to Michigan with a winter home in AZ

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a little 4,7 this morning,,, it was hard.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Must be the title for the day that brings this out in Queen- HUMPdaydaily

Got a little 4,7 this morning,,, it was hard. When life throws u a curve ball sometimes the training gets waylaid.   Hmmmm about 2 more weeks until I hook up with AT in Utah...not too worried becuase I am really going going fir the beauty.  They may call it a race but I am going to stop and catch the views.   My beer Mike training is still going strong though...

Qotd: that's what we are debating.  Where we live now us great but lack of wAter is killing the forest and the fear if fire sucks.  I want to go back to Michigan with a winter home in AZ

My favorite day of the week is RUNday