Trailer Trash

Turkey Trot Thanksgiving (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! DS1 was all gung-ho to run a turkey trot this morning, until it was this morning. We hadn't registered so we bailed. It was cold out and the coffee maker was calling so I didn't push it. Plan B is a better one and that is 6 miles or so along the creek in the sunshine. I'll head down to the trails once the baking is done. Pie #1 in the oven (apple, pear cranberry with a streusel topping) and the pumpkin pies are next.

qotd: Favorite part of Thanksgiving ? Me, it's pie. I like fruit pies best, I could skip most of the rest of it, as long as I get pie. And without question, must be homemade.

(forgive me for not asking about thankfulness, but I suspect our answers may be very similar-- family, friends and health).

Sandy-2

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I got up early and did 15 mi.  It was gloriously cool, crisp and dry this morning.  Low 40s.  Now I'm just about to drag the vacuum out while my DW puts the finishing touches on the feast.  DD and her BF are coming over, plus a few neighbors for drinks later.

qotd: Can't decide, it's all so good.  This year's highlight just might be desert, DW made a cheese cake and an apple pie.

tbd.

GC100k

Weights in the gym this morning.

A hike on the AT with the fam this afternoon.

My favorite part is the big plate with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, corn casserole, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce in a never ending quest to get the perfect ratio. I will probably have some pie and pumpkin roll, but I don't really have a sweet tooth and am almost indifferent about dessert. My 16 year old daughter is really into making pies and the past few she's made have been the best of their kind I've ever had, so I'm looking forward to trying her pies today. Everything is homemade. Including ice cream. We'll make egg nog ice cream, and butter pecan ice cream tonight.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

got a nice 5-ish mile run in yesterday evening- despite poor trail conditions and running in microspikes (ice, slush, snow, mud) my time was only a couple of minutes off "normal" time- that was a pleasant surprise

going to try and squeeze in a short run this morning and probably a short hike with DD and Tiny E this afternoon before we eat

qotd: please don't make me choose 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just got finished with lunch.  Turkey breast from the slow  cooker with microwave mashed potatoes, peas, corn, filling and biscuits. All provided by one of the bosses who didn't want to see us hungry.  Now if the pager will be quite, I'm going to try for a nap. Should really go out in the parking lot and do laps in the sun.

QOTD: Hmmmm..........Really thought about saying pumpkin rolls, and that has become my favorite dessert. However, i still have to go with the good old standby, the turkey. DW likes ham better but for me it just doesn't seem quite like Thanksgiving without the turkey.  Probably is a childhood thing.

Speaking of Pumpkin rolls, DW isn't getting any this year.  Instead the place where she gets them has a new one, chocolate peanut butter .  When she told me that I told her to get one of those instead.  I might just think I died and went to heaven. Hope it's as good as I anticipate.

moonlightrunner

Getting ready to go out for dinner with my parents. I made a breakfast casserole we had this morning, and mom made a pumpkin pie for later. My son and daughter-in-law stopped by for a visit, but he works today. My son-in-law works today also, so they are celebrating in Indiana. Our first Thanksgiving not in the family home for 50 years.it will be a good one, just different.

18-20 planned for tonight...in the dark. Hopefully it will not turn into just 10. The first step of loop 2 is always the hardest.

QOTD: I would have to say turkey, dressing and gravy. Has to be to be Thanksgiving.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did the 10 k turkey trot... the biggest race in our town 13 years ago Micheal Bratton killed himself, he was just out of college.  So his family puts on this race to raise money for crisis centers.  So we all cry before we run as his Dad talks about his son and others with depression who have taken their life.  Like my cousin's son did at 21.   12 years ago our county was #1 in suicide.. now we are 17.   Seems the # candiate are white males in their 50s.  they have easy access to guns.  Any who thankful that I get bummed out but nerver seriously depressed and thankful for my trailer trash group!

Turkey in the oven, off to walk the dogs, then hit the dive bar and back home to chow down!!!

Qotd: Stuffing!!!! Yea stuffing!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 6 beautiful miles on the trails today. Was 24 degrees at the start and breezy. Felt great and ran the last two miles at sub 8 min per mile, and that's the fastest I've been able to run since my injury. Won't push it tomorrow.

QOTD : turkey sandwich leftovers. Pecan pie is second choice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!