Trailer Trash

Another Sunny Sundailie (Read 26 times)

Three easy miles for the pooch and me.  I am still taking it easy on the knee.

I think my shoes may have been a factor with the knee issue.  I realized that the shoes I have been using had 750 miles on them, which is a lot more than I usually have before retiring them.

QOTD: Do you track mileage on your shoes?  If so when do you retire them?  I keep track and have usually been retiring them at 500 miles or so.  When I was heavier and running on the road I retired them at about 350 miles, beyond that various aches and pains showed up.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I'll do 5 or a little more later today after church. The last couple of weeks around here have been really hard on a runner: thunderstorms every single day for 10 days. But, I have managed to do pretty well dodging them. But no long runs.

QOTD: I used to track shoe mileage. But, I just stopped doing it. I look at the soles and/or assess any little niggles to determine if it is new shoe time. I ran 20 miles several weeks ago on a pair of NB Minimus that I have had for years, no problem.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Have a long "honey-do" list, but hoping to squeeze a short run this afternoon or evening

*edit* got a nice 6 mile run in Smile

qotd: yeah I keep track, about 500 miles is where I retire them as well- I try to keep a couple of pairs in rotation- generally the higher mile ones are used for muddy or wet conditions and eventually get "screwed" for winter use, when they're done w/ winter duty they get used for lawn mowing, mechanic-ing, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I did 10 miles at the state park rarely this morning. It was muggy and the deer flies were horrible. I am going to order deer fly patches that stick on my hat. I spray myself, but with all the sweat it isn't effective for long.

Qotd: no..I do t keep track of it. I just bought a new pair because they were Rabbi g sores on my feet. I run in vff. Really only the upper gets worn out.

Hey warden: those were some great pics from your run yesterday. You have an awesome playground.

Mandy: glad to hear you are running again...even though it is just a little. You have come a long way since surgery.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

I put on a bunch of spandex and did my best impersonation of a road cyclist today for 40 miles.  When I trail run I see wildlife.  When I road cycle I see wildlife too...smashed on the shoulder.  I never realized just how much roadkill is out there.  I think I should be fine for the 100k charity ride I'm doing in 2 weeks.

QOTD: I keep track, for VFFs it is nice to be amazed how many miles you can put on them, for trail shoes, I am amazed at how few miles I get out of them before they start tearing up.

**Ask me about streaking**

moonlightrunner

Afternoon all,

I put on a bunch of spandex and did my best impersonation of a road cyclist today for 40 miles.  When I trail run I see wildlife.  When I road cycle I see wildlife too...smashed on the shoulder.  I never realized just how much roadkill is out there.  I think I should be fine for the 100k charity ride I'm doing in 2 weeks.

QOTD: I keep track, for VFFs it is nice to be amazed how many miles you can put on them, for trail shoes, I am amazed at how few miles I get out of them before they start tearing up.

how many miles do you get on your vff's? I ran in my last pair of spyridons for about a year. I do not care for the upper materials of that model. They became stiff and abrasive over time. I will likely switch to the spyridon MR next. Which models do you run in?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Work today, and I'm hoping to get a run in a bit later.

I have had some great runs in the past few days, 18 miles on Friday, then 7.5 miles yesterday. The 18 miles beat me up more than expected, so I was surprised yesterday how easy the run went, uphill and lots of downhill. Seems that my ability to recover is improving, like it used to be.

Yesterday, DD ran the first few miles with me, and then DS paced me on his bike, it was a lot of fun. I always enjoy running with my kids. We passed some awesome blueberry patches, and ended up with a few handfuls of ripe blueberries. Lots of green ones still on the bushes.

Sandy: Very sorry to hear about your dad. Still it is a good thing that he passed away so easily and peacefully, and that you got to be with him, tell him about your success, and listen to his stories one more time. Wishing you strength for the coming days and weeks.

QOTD: I don't keep track of mileage, but I usually remember when I bought the shoes, so I have an idea of how many miles they approximately have on them. My shoes last very long - I've had my road shoes for almost 2 years now, and only the soles are losing tread and are almost bald now. In my trail shoes, I get sore spots on the inside of the ball of my foot when they are done, usually left foot first. That's when I change them.

However, I've had two pairs of trail shoes lingering in my closet for maybe a year or two, and I wore them in winter with cleats. No problems. Recently, I used them again, in deep mud, and no problems again. They seem to have recovered during the "rest" period (which might actually have happened, the cushioning might have fluffed up a bit again). So I guess they are still good for a few shorter runs before I permanently get rid of them.

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

how many miles do you get on your vff's? I ran in my last pair of spyridons for about a year. I do not care for the upper materials of that model. They became stiff and abrasive over time. I will likely switch to the spyridon MR next. Which models do you run in?

My oldest pair has 900 miles on them.  They're still good.  I use the bikila LS (and I just bought 2 pairs from 6pm.com at $35/pair).  I only use the VFFs for road miles.

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 6 mile hike with DW and DD. It was kind of a rest day for me which was probably good. My legs have been feeling tired lately.

QOTD: I'm a numbers guy so I track shoe mileage on my spreadsheet.  It's not so much to know when to retire a shoe as it is just to see how much I can get out of a pair and which ones are giving me the best value for my money. At the end of last year I retired a pair of Hoka's with 1401.7 miles on them. I thought about trying to get another 50-100 miles out of them but decided to retire them to free up a column on the spreadsheet. I think most of the outer sole was gone anyway.

Sandy-2

I did 5 miles around the tiny town of Imari (had to do a loop and a half to get the 5 miles.) I guess there are a lot of small factories around and of course the shipyard not too far away, but mostly farming and the making of fine china (bowls, cups, etc.)

qptd: I just replace them when the tread, upper, etc. start wearing out but I don't really keep track of mileage.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL