Trailer Trash

Saturdaily (Read 22 times)

Birdwell

Good morning!

I got in a total of 5 last night, with a shiny new 5K PR smack dab in the middle.

8th overall, 3rd in my age group and I outkicked the overall womens leader at the very end.

I'll get out for 8-10 later tonight.

Occasional Runner

10 sweet, rolling trail miles with the wife and pup. Perfect weather and a beautiful day in the wasatch. Was supposed to be running the El Vaquero Loco 50k this morning, but decided to stay home this weekend and rest up for Leadville. I'm very pleased with that decision.

My face plant wound still looks like shit after 2 days.

Daydreamer1

Got in a quick 16 mile bike ride with DW this morning. Now we're headed out for some shopping, followed by an early supper. After that it's off to see a minor league soccer game. Hopefully it's a better game then the last time. Then the field was a quagmire. Ended up with at least 3 players out with busted up ankles/knees and a overall slow game.

Bird -- Sounds like a glowing RR. Congrats on the new PR.

Lace--  Two ways to go with that injury.  Plastic surgery or Battle scar.

QOTD: I had a good one two days ago now I can't remember what it was. Early Alzheimer's or just a lot on my mind??

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 easy miles this morning, it was very humid, but still good to run. Just on the last two miles, all the mountain bikers, other runners, and hikers were coming up the mountain. So I can proudly say I beat the crowd.

Birdwell: Congrats on the PR, and on being faster than every woman in the race!

Kelly: I agree with DD1. I'd go for plastic surgery, though. Or you'll have a nice new tattoo done over the scar?

(BTW, your face plant shatters my confidence. On the other hand, I fall so often, I probably have more practice than you had with head-first crashes, so I should be good, right?)

DD1: Have fun at the game!

QOTD: With me, it's lack of sleep. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. Oh, wait, what was the question again?

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Good afternoon, Trailers!  Got in just under 5 on a trail I visited often as a kid-- an island loop on the Mississippi.  It was just as I remembered it, minus the old house converted to a nature center.  I think that was demolished after a big flood a while back.  I brought along my mom's 10 yo springer.  It was a little too much for him at the end so we walked a bit to cool down.  I hope this is not the sign of the end of his running career.  He's been a good running companion.

birdwell-- I'm sorry to hear about the baby's upcoming surgery.  I'm sure it will go well, and  in the meantime/wait, my thoughts are with you and DW.

Qotd:  spumoni

NorthernHarrier

Looks like deadsville on a Saturday at this place. People must have lives I guess. I'm headed out for my trail fix via the mtn. bike right now. I may have mentioned there are some awesome trails being built about a 12 minute drive from my shack. A very wealthy person has been chucking money about this area with an emphasis on the silent sports.  Vilas county is one of the two leading counties in the state for tourism dollars and both top counties are about the only two banning ATV's from public lands. Hmmm, maybe a correlation?

Anyway I am tapering for my Musky run tomorrow. Mtn biking should be fine, right?  Ha.

Runtrail--The sunny dry weather around here the last couple weeks has done a number on the mosquitoes. Good livin' now. Had no idea that springer pal of yours was your families. Cool. At 10 Springers are usually deaf but still have a ton of heart. Hopefully another 4-5 of companionship even w/o the running.  I'm just slightly in love with the breed.