Trailer Trash

it’s only Tuesd(aily) (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hwish it was Friday  BUT I finally got bumped off of jury duty at about 3:30 PM. Took advantage of the early out and strength trained at the gym; still had time when I was done that DW, Tiny Elvis and I got 3 miles in on icy trails- nice that the evenings are getting slowly longer.

qotd: ever been involved in a lawsuit?  I came close a couple of times, not unusual for law enforcement, but they all went away (knock on wood).

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 2 on some a painful left calf muscle. I scheduled an easy 3, but ended up with a hard 2.

QOTD: Oh my yes. When I was mayor, we were sued a few times over accidents and things like that. We had liability insurance, so my actual involvement was very minimal. Most of the time, it was workman's comp type stuff. But one time a lady sued the town because a police car "spooked" her, making her crash her bicycle. I think that one was dismissed. Another time, we had a police officer who had his girlfriend in the car with him while working traffic late at night, which is totally against policy. He caught a speeder and wheeled out in the highway like an idiot and got t-boned by a police car from another town. We fired him; although, I wanted to beat him senseless, which would not have taken very long. Anyway, he ended up suing the town for medical bills or something. I think insurance settled with him. I had no involvement in that process.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Late call that kept me three hours past quitting time and having to work again at 6 pm means no run Big tears animated emoticon.   The weather is so nice I should call off just so I can get in a run.  Instead it's nappy time.

QOTD: Came close once. Very difficult to explain but it involved a worthless,  no good father who tried to tell me how to take care of his sick kid when he was drunk.  He threatened to sue but I think all the attorneys laughed him out of their offices.  I'm pretty careful with my treatment of people so that reduces my chances of being sued professionally quite a bit.

Gator eye

Heavy fog this morning so 6 on the dreadmill which kind of turned into a interval run just to pass the time.

QOtD: not personally, I was able to make a statement and pass it off to the lawyers.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning...think I may bug out early from work and run.  The DH is gone so the dogs really get stir crazy if I don't run them daily.

QOTD:  I served on a jury in a civil suit.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Who turned on spring? Super warm here, at least for today. I'd be tempted to skip work and hit the links but we had heavy rain this morning so the ground would be like a sponge. Anyway, 4 last  night on the local trail, probably the same today unless I do an extra lap of the inner loop to make it closer to 5.

QOTD: No, not a personal target, but I was involved in a lawsuit between a 3rd party and my employer regarding some software nonsense. I had the joy to be deposed several times. Weird seeing old emails thrown in your face by someone, looking for hidden meaning. Anyway, my second round of deposition went pretty well and I might have thrown a monkey wrench into the 3rd parties claim. My employer won the suit.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

Hey! Pie anyone? It is National Pie Day. I'm making a Berry Cheesecake Pie tonight. Never had it...but it sounds good.

Will run tonight a few miles on the trailway..after pie. Really. Twice maybe, because of the pie.

• QOTD: Thankfully, no. 

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Crazy rain this morning so I went to the gym instead.  Ran 5+ on the dreadmill.  Now it's 50 degrees out and feels like march or even April.

moonlight - I will take some of that pie - sounds delicious!

QOTD: Nope.  No jury duty either

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Taking a 2nd SRD today.  I'm actually off from work today but doing some chores and also my DS is visiting.  So realy just no time.

qotd: The company I work for was being sued over a huge oil spill (we aren't directly involved in oil but we act as a 3rd party inspector). My little part involved being deposed by 3 lawyers for 8 hours over structural strength stuff.  I had a lawyer on my side who would "object" for almost each question, and then said I could answer.  I guess the "objection thing" was some sort of legal wrangling in case they had to further fight over the questions later, but I don't know if they ever did.  The whole thing was exhausting because they'd keep asking similar questions trying to get me to slip up in some way.  The case took years to litigate and in the end we won the case, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with me or the topic I was involved with.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Threw in a fast finish after 3 miles at a moderate pace plus one easy to recover a little. total 4.4 miles.

qotd: had to give a deposition when a customer sued the store I worked for after she tripped over her own feet. It was settled out of court just days before the arbitration hearing which had been postponed several times. Those postponements assured that I couldn't make any plans to head west to view the total eclipse last August.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Busy all day, so late to the party. Torrential rain so did a treadmill run. Weather broke but was windy as hell, so treadmill was best option. Power out in various areas around town. We still have power, so we’re lucky.

QOTD:  I’ve been deposed several times for patients that had work or automobile accidents. One time I went to court as an expert witness, and got paid very well, but it was not worth the anguish. Never fun, but every case I’ve been involved with was either settled, or the patient won. I’ve never been sued for malpractice, so that’s a good thing. I cover myself pretty well, and being in a small town probably helps.  The depositions are always interesting because the two lawyers will argue and yell at each other while the camera is rolling, and then when it’s all done they act like best friends.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!