Trailer Trash

Wednesday's Track (Read 20 times)

XtremeTaper

Put me down for 7 miles last night on the trails of Coventry Woods with the Lady after some brief storms passed. A bit of rain still when we started but it had no cooling affect. Just steamy, sweaty, and the deer and horse flies were making a last ditch effort to annoy me. Similar distance tonight. Maybe I will step things up to 8 miles.

QOTD: Are you enjoying the Olympic Track and Field events? Favorite races so far?

Yes. I like that the broadcast is mostly live in the evening on the east coast, although this leads to tons of commercials between events. The women's 400m the other night, and the 1500m last night are favorites so far. The 400m was downright crazy.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Legs were totally blasted after Monday's sufferfest and Tuesday's pre-dawn launch. I opted to sleep this morning because I had virtually no sleep Monday night. And my hamstrings and quads were pretty well blasted. So, today is an SRD, scheduled this morning when I reset the alarm clock.

QOTD: Yes. So far, the women's marathon coverage has been my favorite. But I really enjoyed the Mens 10K, too. Maybe the men's 10K was my favorite. Mo Farah fell down and still managed to win the race. The only thing I can do better than Mo Farah in a 10K is fall. I fall well.

LB2

muppy

19.0 miles yesterday of suck,  it wasn't too bad until the sun came out then it got a little bit muggy.

QOTD  I enjoy watching the Olympics,  just don't have much time to watch. The women's 400 was pretty good the other night.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Cold front moves in tonight, dropping our high temps by 25 degrees     Biked to work and will call it good, too hot to run this afternoon, but tomorrow........

qotd: haven't got to watch much, saw the hurdles last night- not sure how they do that; did see the highlights of the gal diving for the finish and rewarded with gold

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A much desired rest day for me today.  I will pick things up again tomorrow.

Muppy - 19 miles in this crap? Good for you!

Keystone - as others said, sorry to hear about your DNF.  I would love to run ES some year but the variable that scares me the most is exactly what affected you.  The hills/trails don't change. The weather in August for PA is unpredictable.  I can remember years (not long ago) where August was gorgeous - highs in the 80's but dry and dipping into the low 60's at night.  Anyways, GL at your other events.  You will get redemption for sure.

QOTD: I think I enjoyed the swimming more.  I did watch the women's marathon on Sunday.  That was good.  The men's 400m final was crazy.  The short stuff, though, is all hype and then doesn't deliver.  They barely show any of the field events which seem more exciting than stupid running .

Carry on and have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

4.5 miles with the dog. Ran at a park that was a golf course. Running on crushed gravel cart path. Nice.

They are re-claiming some of the fairways with wildflowers, lots of milkweed. Only 1.6 miles around and flat.

NHLA

qotd  The pole vault. He cleared it by a foot! A gold for the home team.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Strava says 5.7 even though I don't believe him.  He must be a male.   Gym at lunch and maybe an after work run with the group...maybe. 

QOTD:  No TV, I  was at a restaurant with TV last night but they had a baseball game on.   

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

4 miles this morning on a rail trail overlooking Lake Superior.  and it was a low development rail trail (more narrow, dirt and heavily wooded) so quite nice.  It was a pleasant surprise and quite close to our cabin.

Qotd: some-enjoy the distances more than sprints

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Strava says 5.7 even though I don't believe him.  He must be a male.  

4 tops 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Same as LB2, at 5:00am this morning I decided that today would be a great day for a SRD. I can't run after work today 'cause we are having friends over for dinner.

QoN and mt; LOL.

qotd: I've been reading the accounts, but not able to watch much.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3 x 1000m at 5K pace, 200m recovery, 7.1 miles total

QOTD: I've watched almost every single T&F event, heats, semis, and finals, live streaming on nbcolympics.com. The few I wasn't able to watch because of work, I've watched a full video replay. The women's marathon had to be one of the most exciting for me to watch. Coming from a track background I've enjoyed all the 800m, 1500m, and 5000m races.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.