Trailer Trash

Taco Tuesday (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Meeting a friend for lunch at a Mexican place, so "Taco Tuesday" it is even though I usually get the huevos con choritzo.

The rain has stopped so I'm going to try some trails. If they're too wet, I'll stick to logging roads for 8-10 miles.  Rumor has it we might even see the sun today,

Haven't heard from Mandy, our fearless leader in a while. She falls in love and leaves us all alone to fend for ourselves.

Have a great day.

QOTD:  Favorite ethnic food dish, and do you make it at home or get it at a restaurant?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Should hit 5 or 6 after work on the road. I was supposed to rest yesterday, but I wanted to run. Allergies had me sidelined, though. So, I rested.

QOTD: I would have to say Chicken Swarma. I think that is Indian food, like Bobby Jindal as opposed to Geronimo. You know, food from India. I get it at a restaurant.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I may take the day off...I'm in the middle of a cement jungle and feel no urge to run out there. 😕  Maybe later.

QOTD:  Is pizza ethnic?  I'll go with pizza, lasgna, taco's.  All of which I cook... We do not have much around hear as ethic... Sushi??? That I go out for.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Got a nice run in yesterday evening (5-ish); planning on the same this evening- going to be a little warmish- near 80 

qotd: oooh, that's a toughie  if I had to pick one, probably Cajun- a good seafood gumbo or jambalaya is tough to beat, but I also love Mexican, Italian, Thai, etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

AT: answer your qotd!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT: answer your qotd!

Sorry, it was in the first line.

QOTD: Mexican - huevos con chorizo (eggs with sausage). It's served with flour tortillas, beans and rice. Add some hot sauce and I'm all set. Our local Mexican place only serves it on the lunch menu, and I get it almost every time.  We have a large migrant community, since this is apple country, so Mexican food is very good around here.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Feeling exhausted. Need to take the one car to the alignment shop about 20 miles away. After that maybe I'll get in a 5-7 mile run on the road.  I really need to run or get in some type of exercise. We have a big meeting late afternoon at work that's likely to turn nasty.  Running would help with the stress.

QOTD:  Doagies.  Ok, I don't really know if they are my favorite, but I tossed it out there because I do like them and was interested if any other places have have them.  I found them in the Eastern PA coal region. They are basically a large sandwich  made with two pizza crusts. They come in all the normal varieties that you would find in a Sub, such as veggie, Italian, Philly steak, etc.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Haven't heard from Mandy, our fearless leader in a while. She falls in love and leaves us all alone to fend for ourselves.

Actually, you can blame work for this absence.  My company got sold late last year and it's been a shit show ever since.  We're currently in the depths of an audit and I'm about to lose my damn mind.    Mandatory overtime since November and I'm salaried.  Fuck.

Anyway, I've been popping in to check on y'all occasionally, but I need to post!  Or lord my powers over you and start banning people left and right.  Something like that.

I had some sort of tendonitis in my ankle last month that seems to be clearing up now.  It's always something these days.  I like to think that maybe someday will body will adjust back to "normal" again, but who knows.  I am running after work today though; it's a beautiful day here.

QOTD: Oh man, we have a ton of good ethnic places around here.  I love this little cash only Napalese/Himalayan place -- dal, veggie dumplings, samosas, etc.  YUM.

Since our vista to Costa Rica, I've been making gallo pinto (a kind of rice and beans) at home a lot.  We eat it with eggs or use it as filling for burritos.

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

Taylor Mountain Tuesday for 4.14

The Sunrise was worth it..

QOTD

Polenta and Stew is a staple.  I will find a hole in the wall Chinese place on occasion.  Really like their fresh made chowmein noodles

WYBMADIITY

Save

NHLA

6 miles this morn. & 6 mile group run tonight.

qotd  Italian

runtraildc

latecomer here today. No run, but a few hours of yardwork and then some much needed yoga.

Nice pic, Rocky! If my sunrises were like that, I'd have no problem with early am runs.  And nice to hear from you, too.

qotd:  Hands down, Pho.  But everyone else's favorites sound really good, too.  Especially AT's chorizo & eggs.

Sandy-2

Having a bit of a relapse with the lingering effects of my cold today, felt better yesterday but today it's worse.  I don't have any aches, pains or sinus pressure anymore, just runny nose and lung rattling.  I feel like an f-ing mucus factory.  Totally sucks.  If you're counting it's been exactly 10 days since this thing first started. My DW and other folks here who had this say it takes 3 weeks to get over it. Grrrrrr..........

I'm taking today as a SRD.

Great photo Rocky II, are you in California? Reminds me of some beautiful sunrise runs I did in Montana de Oro park and also the hills east of Orosi, both places where I used to visit my parents.

qotd: Hey if I'm living in Korea is "American food" considered ethnic?      Actually this is a tough question, Indian, Thai, Chinese or Japanese, but I'll go with Indian (pretty much any curry will do).

tbd.