Trailer Trash

It's Friday (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

After a week's break (unplanned) from running, I got in 4 hilly miles last night.  The break just happened because other parts of my life got in the way-- oh well.  Back on track again, I'll get to the gym this am for strength training and a spin on the treadmill.  We have gotten over 14" of rain since June 1 and the humidity has been off the charts.  Another reason I didn't run this week.  Wait a bit and I can come up with a few more...

qotd:   Do you have any meals that you make are easy and good and you end up wondering 'why don't I make this more often?"   I made  Pho the other day .   It takes some time and prep, but in the end, it's a really easy dinner.  You might think soup-- not a summer meal, but it's really light and filling.  And after we have it for the next day, we still leftovers for the freezer.  I hate cooking every day.

XtremeTaper

Good morning run trail. I had a decent run last night out at Green Lane on the blue trail despite oppressive humidity. Surprisingly I saw 2 other trail runners which is a bit unusual and in fact one guy started up at the same time as me and hung with me for the first mile. He wasn't very talkative other than saying "my pace was good". I always branch up the big hill after the first "mile" and we parted ways as he stayed on the lower trail along the lake. I always like the extra climb and distance. So 8 miles fore me last night as we extended the turn around to add another hill, where I happened to see this same guy coming down. Tonight, I think I will do two 10k loops out at Coventry Woods trails.

Storm blew through here last night just after my run, and the humidity dropped considerably. I even have the window open in my office.

QOTD: If I find a good recipe I make it often. I have pasta dish with penne, green beans, grilled blacken chicken, with a simple sauce of butter, olive oil, almonds and spices that is really quick and makes tons of leftover (2-3 meals). The one thing that I don't cook often enough is seared salmon. I like it but my wife doesn't. Some rice or couscous, and a veggie and you have a quick simple very good meal.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading out in minutes fir the 5 ish with the mutts.  Nice cool morning here. Change of plans it's raining and had to put roof on jeep...will run the 5 ish after work.

QOTD:  if it's good, quick and easy I usually make it a lot.  I'll go with enchilladia's they are easy, quick and good with lot's of leftovers.  I should make  them more often   It's Friday....ya ya ya....

oeople are running hard rock right now....

Mr Jaime:  I am going to decide about done grading from 50 miler to 50 k after Sunday's run.   

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

heading for Salmon and the Beaverhead 55k, carrying my iphone so hope to snap a few pics 

qotd: my DW is a great cook, so if there is a good dish I'm wanting I (gently) suggest that would be nice to have one evening   there are a couple of dishes that I do- Cincinnati Chili (it's not your normal chili!); Italian sausage, peppers, onions, marinara over penne and a Polish sauagae, potato, onion/pepper dish, all steak grilling- I usually get called up to the plate once a week

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Ended up bagging yesterday's run. Just wasn't feeling it. Felt tired and run down. Feeling better this morning. Have a few chores to do then I'll head out for a little over 8 miles. After that tear some shingles off my shed then head into work for the night.

QOTD:  Stir fry. It's fairly quick and I love it but rarely make it for some reason.

moonlightrunner

No run planned for today and none yesterday. On Wednesday I stubbed and broke my toe...if not a bone in the foot. I can walk in it and likely run on it, but I am afraid it will alter my hair. I will try a run tomorrow and see. It is turning ugly colors. Toe stubbibg is a risk with 5 fingers. Hopefully I will be running full steam tomorrow.

Qotd: I love to cook. I'll have to think.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Took today off so we can get house ready for big party tomorrow. DW turns 50 and I flew the oldest 2 kids in from Oregon to surprise her. 30 people over tomorrow for crabs and shrimp (we live in PA but we're Marylanders). DW flipped out Wednesday night when they walked in the door. It's great to have all 3 kids under one roof for a few days.

Hardrock -  Who's running that we should follow?

QOTD:  DW cooks and I take her out to dinner, it's a good trade off.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Back from working early, and getting ready to head out for a few mountain miles. I hope DD will come with me, but I'm not sure.

Very humid, but not very warm (mid- to upper 70's), so it should be a sweatfest.

A run is always a good excuse to avoid household chores (which are piling up after my vacation trip). 

The Arts Festival, and the People's Choice Festival are both ongoing in our little towns right now, and traffic is just a massacre. Good thing there's a back way to my trails that avoids that area!

QOTD: Oven-baked salmon, or stir-fry are my favorites. My tabooleh-style quinoa salad takes some time to prepare, but is still easy to make (essentially just cleaning and cutting the veggies and cilantro).

Oh, Hardrock! I'll have to check on that one, too!

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hardrock -  Who's running that we should follow?

129 she is a friend of CGerbers....and he is crewing and pacing her.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen, I read your comment on the "merica" thread, and I thought about it a lot. I can absolutely relate to that.

After XC in high school, I was burned out and avoided races for the next 25 years - took me a while to recover, I guess. 

I really enjoyed just running for the fun of it, without any pressure and "goals". If I missed a few days of running, no big deal, and if I wasn't able to run a certain distance or speed, so what. I just enjoyed it, and loved the mental break it gave me on crazy busy work days.

I hope you'll enjoy your "sabbatical" from races just as much!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Hardrock - Twitter Feed says it's snowing pretty bad on top of Handies right now and visibility is low.  Live tracker not working, but they say they are trying to fix it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Pool day! No running today.

QOTD: Not really

Have a great weekend! (oh Hardrock.  I want to follow Killian)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

In before midnight!

10 on hilly roads today, just beautiful

qotd: I have a baked fish recipe the comes together quick too... hold on, let me timestamp this...

This is something like Tori Amos' favorite recipe from her personal chef - Maple baked Tilapia. I modified it a bit. But anyway,

Preheat the oven to 350, get out 3-4 tilapia filets for defrosting if necessary.

Then in a bowl combine a tablespoon of:

olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, water or broth and a teaspoon of sesame oil.

grate in fresh ginger and half an onion, and add chopped cilantro to taste.

put equal amounts of this mixture in a foil packet (or other semi-sealable container) with each filet into the oven(which should be ready by now) for 25 minutes.

once the fish goes in, get some rice going. no matter what it says on the package, bring twice the amount of water as rice to a boil, then add rice, cover and reduce to medium heat for 12 minutes.

make some other veg in the meantime. remove the rice from heat and keep covered. once the fish comes out, fluff the rice and you're good to plate it. fish on rice and sauce it with what's left in the packet. there'll probably be extra. anyway, it looks and tastes great, even the kids gobble it up, very doable for the outdoors, modify the sauce to your heart's content and the whole deal comes together in 30 minutes flat. this recipe has saved my butt on numerous occasions.